What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to figure out how to combine these images

kccam82

I'm trying to combine these images:

brazil heart 2.jpgbrazil silohuette.png

The second image is just for example.I think using the same color would make the font harder to read.

I would like it to look something like the image below but just the party where the map can be seen in the font.

raf_750x1000_075_t_101010_01c5ca27c6.u4.jpg

gedstar

Guru
I've taken all the screenshots so may as well post how I done it :cheesygrin:

First open up the heart shape text image and double click on it to unlock the layer, then create a new layer below that layer and fill it with black
Then go to Select and Color Range and use the eye dropper tool to select the white text
View attachment 75437

The selection should look like this
View attachment 75438

Next hit Shift + Backspace to open up the fill dialog and select Color from the drop down menu
View attachment 75439

This will open up the Color Picker dialog, then just select the color you want
View attachment 75440

After Color Fill
View attachment 75441

Next open up the Map image and use the Magic Wand tool to select the black and hit CTRL + C to copy and then go back to the original image and hit CTRL + V to paste it in map above the heart layer
Then hit CTRL T to enter Free Transform to resize the map, double click on the map layer to bring up the Layer Style dialog and add a stroke, then change the color of the stroke and set the stroke size to 5 px
View attachment 75442
View attachment 75443

After adding a Stroke
View attachment 75444

Next go back to the heart layer and select the Magic Wand tool to select the three letters, then hit Shift + Backspace to bring up the Fill dialog and select Color from the drop down menu, this will bring up the Color Picker dialog. Choose a red color to fill the letters
View attachment 75445

Result
View attachment 75446

kccam82

Gedstar

Thanks for the reply and tutorial, I really appreciate the help.I think I'm going to have to tweak the font so this can work.What I was going for was the center where you can see the country cut into (I don't know if that's the right term) the letters.

gedstar

Guru
Gedstar

Thanks for the reply and tutorial, I really appreciate the help.I think I'm going to have to tweak the font so this can work.What I was going for was the center where you can see the country cut into (I don't know if that's the right term) the letters.

Hey

I think I understand what you mean if you can hang on until tomorrow I'll do up another method that should achieve what you're looking for :thumbsup:
Do you want the stroke added, I think it may be better to see the outline of the country, maybe have a red stroke around the country instead

Last edited:

kccam82

Gedstar

Thanks again.I'm going to redo the font , I realize this isn't going to come out exactly as I wanted using photoshop alone