What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finished works

Steve235

Hi everyone,

I was/am wondering what people do with their finished work?
I mean I guess not everyone here uses PS for their jobs and just like to create/design stuff for fun, like myself . For example I have loads of photoshopped cars and those are just sitting on my harddrive. Besides the ones I post here nobody will ever see them, which in some cases it kinda sad, since some of them, though not perfect, look really nice.
I saw many cool stuff pass by on this forum and think not all is used for professional ends.
So what do you do with those? Jus leave them on the HD or print them out or delete them or...?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Save everything Steve! I wouldn't suggest deleting them. You can upload them to an album in your profile and we could all take a look at them!

I have a 8 TB external HD so I just save everything. My more serious work that I create in digital art will never see the internet. These works are printed. I've had far too many works "borrowed" from me in the past years that I've unwisely placed online. I don't mind uploading practice works or works I've created as examples or for contests. Maybe I will take my own advice and add some images to my albums.

Do you have an online portfolio or website?

Pipsmom

Guru
Still learning but I keep everything I've ever done on a external hard drive so the main computer doesn't fill up with idle pictures. I joined my hometown FB historical site group and they have graciously supposed me with endless old photos to practice on. Though I'm no professional, only a hobbyist ....the feed back drives me to do better and better and the appreciation of a good job is much appreciated.
You might could find your own group on there that would appreciate your work and you could share and discuss the cars and your work...just a idea

I save every job on an external hard drive. But just the finished PSD version with layers, and a tif version with the final retouching.
From the best pieces of my work I order framed prints on canvas, mainly in big sizes up to 150 cm.
My aim is to show my artwork at an exhibition every second year in my hometown.
On my last exhibition I was lucky and I could sell 10 pieces.

Steve235

Thanks for the answers guys and gals :D
My files are scattered over my 4 HD's, also ( bad ) habbit of mine is never save PSD files.. don't know why, but I just never do..
Never thought of the idea to upload them to an album on the forums so I'll do that, I used to have a website where I showed them but nobody ever visted :( ;) , so I cancelled it, so don't have a portolio online.
And don't think my designs will sell :p, but it would be nice if people could see what you create with PS besides my girlfriend who likes everything, even if I only paste one pcture in another which doesn't fit all she likes it ;)
I searched lots of times for FB communities, but there aren't alot, and the ones I did found are kinda dead, the most active one is Yasiddesign, but he sells his designs ( which are bassicly all the same ) and never responds to people who post their work there, nor do other people who visit there.. maybe if I created one myself..
Anyway, some new ideas what to do :D