What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help imitating another artist

seaningtime

Hey guys I'm a new member here.
I'm an amateur who messes around in photoshop for fun and I came across this style which I really like and would like to emulate but I'm just not sure how to go about it.
Was hoping that maybe some of you guys might have some insight as to the techniques being used.
The artists name is Mink Couteaux, and this picture in particular which I am hoping to copy.
Thanks for any help!

NEXTGEN-RAPPERS-V2-by-Mink-Couteaux-5.jpg

gedstar

Guru
Hi and welcome to the forum

Perhaps a better option would be to contact the original artist, there's a lot going on in that image and it would be very difficult to figure out how he produced it, it could have been done in Illustrator and not PS or a combination of both
http://www.mergedvisible.com/contact

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it's a variation of vector drawing/art.

But if you look at the details HERE you can see there's much more going on. Do you know if he's using Photoshop or Illustrator?

seaningtime

I found this interview where he does state that he uses photoshop, although looking at his work it does seem like illustrator work?

[FONT=&quot]"Can you tell MoW more about the techniques you used. How old is your technique? How did it start? How long does it take you to make an artwork ?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I use photoshop and a wacom cintiq (It's a tablet with a screen in it). My technique is about 2 years old, I actually graduated as a graphic designer, but was always heavily image focused.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have always drawn a lot, but totally lost it while I was doing Graphic Design. I decided to purchase a wacom cintiq to draw more and now I am a full time illustrator.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The time it takes to make an illustration depends, the more realistic the illustration the longer it takes. It usually takes around 3 to 8 hours."
http://www.musiconwalls.com/blog/2014/4/4/interview-with-mink-couteaux

[/FONT]