What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recreating this effect?

Psnow1

Hey I'm trying to create/recreate this paint/spray paint dripping effect displayed on this shirt. Trying to find a way to go about this tried some brushes to no avail :(

Attachments

• ima-1.jpg
    ima-1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 7

Psnow1

Hey I figured out the dripping effect but anyone can help on how I can recreate or create the fire flames on that shirt as well? Heres another image to reference.
2AEBCC8C20FF44CAA525B254D521D1D6.jpg

fredfish

Guru
If you have CC2017 (and I think from CC2014 upwards) there is a very capable Flames filter that can be found under Filters/Render/Flames.

You need to have a path created (with the pen tool for example) and then play around with the parameters.

Have a look at this tutorial http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/...ames-add-realistic-fire-in-photoshop-cc-2014/

Cheers

John

*EDIT
Another thing - I know you said you have sorted the paint drips - but have a search for "Blood" drip brushes - It is just down to how you colour them as to whether they look like blood or paint drips.

Last edited:

Psnow1

If you have CC2017 (and I think from CC2014 upwards) there is a very capable Flames filter that can be found under Filters/Render/Flames.

You need to have a path created (with the pen tool for example) and then play around with the parameters.

Have a look at this tutorial http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/...ames-add-realistic-fire-in-photoshop-cc-2014/

Cheers

John

*EDIT
Another thing - I know you said you have sorted the paint drips - but have a search for "Blood" drip brushes - It is just down to how you colour them as to whether they look like blood or paint drips.

Yea those flames look too digital for my liking i dont think it emulates the flames used on the shirt.... The flames on the shirt looks more like a sample or maybe drawn and scanned?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I feel the flames are more like vector or brushes or shapes like THIS. But I have not found a set yet that's similar to the flames in your shirt example.

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 1.45.17 PM.png

I'm still looking!