What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I remove the background of this image and make it all white in photoshop?

fashionfix

Banned
Hi Everyone!

How can I change the background color to pure white without removing the hair color?

I've tried to use the background eraser and protect the foreground but I think because the background color is close to the actual pale blonde hair color, the eraser tool removes the hair color even at the lowest tolerance. I've tried using the "replace color" adjustment which works for most pics but that just removes the hair color as well. I've also tried to fill the background with green and it worked better than the other options but I had green bleeding into the hair and skin tone of the mannequin.

I really don't want to have to retake all of the photos on a green or blue background (I know I should have in hindsight). Can anyone help, PLEASE!

I'm trying to make the background pure white while keeping the hair in focus and visible.

Go easy on me, I'm somewhat of a novice:lol:. Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• DSCN7719.JPG
    DSCN7719.JPG
    451 KB · Views: 7

MikeMc

McGuru
A good mask is your starting spot.
If you take a duplicate layer and make the hair a different color, it will ease separation . Remember what it looks like is not important, just so your mask can follow the edges better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with Mike. For this image, a good layer mask and the Brush Tool. Then you can further refine the mask with "Select and Mask" if needed.

Quick example
Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 1.23.03 PM.png

MikeMc

McGuru
Screenshot
dd93b67f8d6222c44d99718bf8e4706b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capturedgirl.PNG

Attachments

• Capturedgirl.PNG
    Capturedgirl.PNG
    516.9 KB · Views: 6