What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coloring effect

DigH

Trying to crack this grey/green/textured effect that I'm seeing in portraits lately, especially this guys work: http://www.lukefontanaphoto.com/book

Honestly any general notes on his use of tweaking the color profile would be welcomed. There are definitely specific things he does depending on the background, all which seem fairly basic, so its driving me crazy that I can't crack it. Tough to describe over the forum but theres some sort of grey, greenish, bluish, desaturated tinting going on (not on all photos but a lot of the darker background ones) that gives the shot a rich almost textured look. Problem is when i play with those sliders in either PS or LR, split toning or tinting or what have you, it just winds up looking cheap. Tried going to dpreview for advice and the feedback there is so maddeningly blunt that I figured I'd give it a go with the gurus. Thanks.

Last edited:

DigH

Is it possible he's just tweaking the color balance in photoshop? if so, what gives that rich textured effect?

MikeMc

McGuru
I think it's his lights, not sure what, Tom Mann will know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DigH

Awesome, would love to hear what he has to say. Not certain on the color balance, just shots in the dark.

Last edited: