What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to open a pdf in Photoshop 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

starbird

Banned
How do I open a pdf in PS6? I have watched some You Tube videos about import and dragging it onto PS and an export. NOTHING works. I need to open it to remove the ads before I post the pdf on my web site.

I am utterly lost with this. since I have several articles to post. I have the author's permission but no way to remove the ads. I have taken screen shots of each page and opened them in PS but the sizing is impossible because it's either too big or too small or out of focus. I spent over 4 hours last night until 3 this morning trying to get just one of them posted.

Help.... please.

Thank you.

JJLAPIN

Guru
When opening a pdf in Photoshop it becomes a Flattened Rasterized image. If it is a page with multiple ads the only way to remove them would be to clone them out or put a box over them. (Not exactly sure what you dealing with) A pdf can be edited quite easily with pitstop.
Post a pdf and what you need done and we'll see what we can do.

starbird

Banned
Thank you. This is one of several. I make parrot enrichment and these articles are very important and they will also hopefully bring people to my site to look around.

JJLAPIN

Guru
Sorry, I don't see an attachment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 12.35.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 12.35.35 PM.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

starbird

Banned
It doesn't say pdf in the list. Do you want the url for the site that has the pdf?

starbird

Banned
It only says url. It's sitting on my desktop and I don't see a way to get to it.

MrToM

Guru
The problem is one of compatibility, which is not surprising since PS 6.0 is 17 years old.

The earliest version I can test this on, (and have done so successfully), is Photoshop 7.0 but since the PDF format has been supported since PS 4.0 I would like to think it will also work in PS 6.0.

So...
Upload your PDF file using the following site with 'Compatibility' set to 'Acrobat 5.0 (PDF 1.4)'.
The other parameters should be self explanatory.

https://docupub.com/pdfconvert/

The resulting downloadable PDF file should, but no guarantee, open in PS 6.0, albeit one page at a time.
You can then edit it to your requirements from there.

The site does have a 10MB file limit so if this is a problem you may need to find another conversion site that will change the PDF 'Version', this being the issue with these PDF files not opening in a very old PS 6.0.

Regards.
MrToM.

starbird

Banned
Opps, my error. It's actually CS6, I just called it PS6 since that's how I think of it. I don't use it enough any longer now that I am no longer shooting for all the parrot magazines... (25 years, published monthly). They all went out of business for lack of advertising. But it was an incredible career for those 25 years. Now what I shoot generally needs little editing or I use Lightroom.

Will CS6 work in this matter?

Thank you

JJLAPIN

Guru
Did you see I attached a edited pdf in post #9 at 12:55pm? Just click on it.

Last edited:

JJLAPIN

Guru
You're Welcome, if all you need is any advertising deleted just add those pdfs here or a link like you did and I'll go into work a little early on Monday and fix them for you. It took only 5 seconds to fix that first one. ;)

starbird

Banned
Oh my gosh... does anyone know what a treasure you are? Hey everyone, look what this kind soul just offered in order to help me!

Just tell me one thing, how do I put a pdf in here? The window does not allow me to navigate to my desktop where the pdf is sitting, or to navigate to any folder it might be in.

Please tell me how many you might be up for? I do not want to take advantage of you in any way... but there are many articles.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

JJLAPIN

Guru
1. Insert Image Button.
2. Choose file to navigate to File.
3. After file is selected hit upload file.
.Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.52.37 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.