What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with making transparent photo

vladitan

Hello. I`m making logo but i forgot how to make it transparent. I tryed with png but it doesnt work

shiny-yellow-logo.png

fredfish

Guru
Have you still got the .psd with the black background? You are right that .png will preserve transparency - but you need to make the layer transparent first in the layers panel (I am of course assuming that it is the black that you want to be transparent).

Nice work BTW.

Cheers

John

Last edited:

vladitan

Okay i made it transparent but when i open it in after effects it is not transparent. What will be the reason. I`m very frustrated.vapros.jpg

vladitan

thank you. So i figured out that the problem is in illustrator because when i import the image there and make it from raster to vector when i save it in ai format and put it in after effects then the white background is show up. I saw in youtube that there is an option in illustrator called ignore white i will try that.

Attachments

• illust2.jpg
    illust2.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 6
  • illust1.jpg
    illust1.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
Also be aware that in After Effects the transparency isn't always preserved - you have to specifically tell After Effects that you want the background transparent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcYAtUzGKAI

Cheers

John