What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complex background- is it possible to remove person from this photo?

ggoodwin52

Is it possible to remove the woman at the left from this photo, while preserving the different parts of the background (body of plane as well as sandy ground)? Can it be done such that the arm of the man second to the left is not unnaturally cut off?

Thanks for any advice.

IMG_5856 (2).JPG

MikeMc

McGuru
Yes , with some more pictures from that session. A complete tail of the plane and the gentleman who will need his arm. Those parts from other images will make this straightforward .... not too complex. Without that help, a long unpleasant journey could occur.
In a pinch her arm might be used,but color matching is the challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ggoodwin52

I'm not quite happy with this but It's late and I will work on it some more tomorrow. I will update it if I can improve it.

View attachment 77447

Thanks very much. Would it help you further if I provided a picture of the man's arm on the left? I have other pictures where he is about the same distance from the camera and the left arm is fully exposed, although he's not wearing the same jacket.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks very much. Would it help you further if I provided a picture of the man's arm on the left? I have other pictures where he is about the same distance from the camera and the left arm is fully exposed, although he's not wearing the same jacket.
Sure. I will take a look at them.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just for your information, it wasn't the arm I wasn't happy with in the edit. I can make some minor changes in the arm if it's bothering you.

In the image above his body is rotated so I can't really use this image.

If you don't like the edit, you certainly won't be hurting my feelings. I hope someone else attempts the edit for you.

ggoodwin52

Ah, ok. I think the background looks great. If you are willing to play around with the arm a little bit more, it seems like it might be a little long and the hand looks slightly faded.

Thanks again for making the edits. It's much appreciated.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, how about this?

RemoveWoman_02.jpg

Please note that I made a comparison with the hand positions in relation to the crotch point.........

New photo
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 4.39.23 PM.png

Edited photo
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 4.39.15 PM.png