What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JPEG Options: Setting Baseline ("Standard") as default

TheDutch

Hello, everytime I save a JPG the JPEG OPTIONS-box sets the Format Options to Baseline Optimized as default but I want this to be Baseline Standard. How can I set "Baseline Standard" as a default?

gedstar

Guru
Hi

Not sure if there's a way to set that as default but you could try using the Save for Web option and deselect these 3 options, I think that will give to the same result could be wrong though and these settings will be retained with you open PS again

Untitled.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

I tested mine and it comes up with the last option that was chosen when it was used last. So all you should need to do is to choose the "baseline standard" and it will appear the next time you choose to save in the JPG format.

gedstar

Guru
Hello and welcome to PSG.

I tested mine and it comes up with the last option that was chosen when it was used last. So all you should need to do is to choose the "baseline standard" and it will appear the next time you choose to save in the JPG format.

Same here Sam and I actually forgot to check mine before posting above :redface: and you are correct

But reading this "everytime I save a JPG the JPEG OPTIONS-box sets the Format Options to Baseline Optimized as default" so that doesn't seem to be working for the OP, maybe a reset of preferences would be in order

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
....... "everytime I save a JPG the JPEG OPTIONS-box sets the Format Options to Baseline Optimized as default" so that doesn't seem to be working for the OP, maybe a reset of preferences would be in order
Your right Ged and I agree.

When I made my post, although I was certain that there was no way to actually change the default setting of that function, I was still looking. I had hoped the OP would respond and let me know that his did not function the same as mine and I was going to suggest resetting Ps preferences as well.

TheDutch

Sorry for not responding any sooner. I also thought that PS 'remembered' the last way I saved my JPG's. But I have upgraded to CC2017 and now it doesn't 'remember' it anymore. If I save a JPG to Baseline Standard, the next JPG I want to save PS comes up with Optimized as the way it wants to save the JPG. So that's why I thought it has changed in CC2017.

gedstar

Guru
No worries

No nothing has change in CC2017, I just tested on a good few jpeg's and it holds the settings fine, tried changing the settings back and forth and still no issue, you could try resetting PS preferences, hit CTRL K and select this option
Untitled.jpg

Failing that you could try the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool and reinstall PS from the Creative Cloud
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Last edited: