What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who uses Gimp?

Jergon

Me too. Free is free... :)

Kyle LeFevre

I have used GIMP and Photoshop. There are pluses and minuses to both. I am an expert in neither, but I found Photoshop to be more robust and GIMP easier to use.

fredfish

Guru

fredfish

Guru
I can understand that!

Cheers

John

graphicdesign

Initially, I found GIMP to be a bit confusing, but it's definitely got its advantages. I prefer to use Photoshop + Illustrator.

Helios

I gave gimp a brief try when I found I would need a replacement for my old photoshop CS2. It seems to do most things PS does, in much the same way, but as a digital painter I found it very disappointing. There is a lot of cursor lag between your strokes on the tablet and what happens on screen. (As a result I have now spent the best part of two years trying out alternatives, a few of which have been very good if you just want digital painting.)
I've not really gone back to it since, as all the photoshoppy things I need to do, my old copy of PS will just about still manage, but I'll probably play around with it more in future as that side of it seemed ok.