What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting Gimp Gradients to Photoshop Gradients?

MoltresRider

Converting Gimp brushes and Gimp patterns into Photoshop brushes and patterns is fairly simple, open the Gimp brush or the Gimp pattern as an image in Gimp, export as png, open in Photoshop, define the brush or pattern as a brush or pattern. Gradients, however; you cannot save then as a regular graphic and the Gimp .ggr files are unrecognizable by Photoshop. Gimp has this feature addon called "sample gradient along a path" which I used to make some of the gradients. I downloaded a few years ago a massive 300 gradient pack for Gimp. How do I turn these into Photoshop Gradients?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Converting Gimp brushes and Gimp patterns into Photoshop brushes and patterns is fairly simple, open the Gimp brush or the Gimp pattern as an image in Gimp, export as png, open in Photoshop, define the brush or pattern as a brush or pattern. Gradients, however; you cannot save then as a regular graphic and the Gimp .ggr files are unrecognizable by Photoshop. Gimp has this feature addon called "sample gradient along a path" which I used to make some of the gradients. I downloaded a few years ago a massive 300 gradient pack for Gimp. How do I turn these into Photoshop Gradients?

Is the GIMP Add-Onn you have a script written by RobA? Install his script and use it to convert the gimp files. I've never tried it as I don't use GIMP but it's worth a shot....

http://www.mahvin.com/2010/12/so-you-want-photoshop-gradient-for-gimp.html