What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"The Realm"-Photo Manipulation...What do you think?

Cybermax59

Okay, so I was bored and I was messing around with a few photos, and this is what I came up with. I had an almost similar wallpaper before (a cool looking guy holding the planet in his hands)-so yeah, I sort of copied the theme-but not a carbon copy!!

Check it out and tell me how it was-any suggestions or criticisms (constructive criticism ONLY) is welcome!!

Attachments

• The Realm.jpg
    The Realm.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 7

sweasel

I'd put a little spherical distortion on the landscape (filter >> distort >> spherize). Other'n that, it looks good.

Believe me, the guy who did the wallpaper wasn't the first to come up with the globe/hands visual :)

Cybermax59

Thanks for checkin' it out mate! And, yeah-would've looked a lot better with the Spherize distortion-just checked it out!
And well yeah-you're pretty much right about the hands/globe visual-but I couldn't help feeling that I was copying someone else's idea!

sweasel

Sometimes I do a check of the Web for designs similar to mine. But I only do it after I create the graphic. If I came up with it on my own, I'm not bothered if I'm not the first (my avatar, for example, has been done to death).

It's not often I come up with something absolutely, positively original. And it's usually crap.

Cybermax59

I guess you're right...and as far as for the "its usually crap", then believe me mate-failure is the pillar of success!!

Cybermax59

Thanks mate =)!!

hishandiwork

Try to bring more color to the hands... and possibly use more sharp looking hands. The hands currently are bland and very blurry.

Those are my first thoughts/suggestions after looking at the image for 10 seconds.

Cybermax59

I know what you mean, but I don't have a camera mate =(..and the one I used was a low resolution handset camera-so the image was already blurred, and if I tried to sharpen it-the quality would turn out to be horrible-and I thought b/w looked cooler than the colorful version! And thanks for checking my work out =)!!

Cybermax59

Thanks!!

Cybermax59

Thanks mate! Except for the hands quality-everything is ok I guess!