What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brushes Advertisement-First Try using smoke and grunge brushes..check it out!

Cybermax59

How was it guys? Is it cool?

Attachments

• Grunge and Smoke.jpg
    Grunge and Smoke.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 3

Cybermax59

...well I thought it would look cooler-you know a little glossy sort of look-but I guess it was a fail!! How is it otherwise (ignoring the "line")...and thanks for replying =)!!

Steve

Retired Administrator
Hey that's just me, but the line grabs my attention.
The text an reflection is fine just the distinct line that isn't working for me.

Other than that it came out nice.

I have to ask you to remove the link in your signature.
From http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/forum-photoshop-gurus-forum-help/28392-avatars-signatures.html

"You are allowed to put a link to your personal or professional website, portfolio, or other site RELATED in some way to Photoshop or any kind of visual design."

Thanks, Steve

iDad

Guru
View attachment 1869try blurring out the edges a bit on the splatter effect and try the smudge tool on the line Steve speaks of..just a thought. here is a 3/4 minute try
it might be easier for you if you stilll have open psd file

Cybermax59

Okay sure, but I thought you were allowed to post links after you had eight posts!
And thanks again mate =)!!

Cybermax59

Thanks, and yeah I still have the open psd file-though now I think that the reflection idea was a total fail! It does get a little bit of a pro look if I do what you said-so thanks a bunch mate!
**Man, I wonder if I'll ever be a Photoshop pro like you guys!!

Steve

Retired Administrator
............. I think that the reflection idea was a total fail! ....

No it's not, I just think if the text and text reflection floated over the background it would look better than sitting on a hard line.

You can post links after 8 posts.
Anything in your signature needs to be to your personal or professional website, portfolio, or other site RELATED in some way to Photoshop or any kind of visual design.

Any link would be OK it it's relevant to the discussion in the thread.

Cybermax59

Oh now I get it! Thanks dude!! And come to think of it, the line does look like a distraction!!