What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shop poster?

Vafann

Guru
I´m trying to make a poster or flyer thing for my friend´s sewing/dress shop. Her style is kind of old fashioned/grunge. What do you think? I haven´t put all the text there is supposed to be or anything, and I´m not really done, I just don´t know what I should do to make it better. :)

Fay-text-test-2-krymp.jpg

Paul

Former Member
How about faded black and white or maybe even a yellowish tint with a blur here and there?

Vafann

Guru
How about faded black and white or maybe even a yellowish tint with a blur here and there?

Thank you Belial! Do you mean turn the whole picture black and white or yellowish? That sounds like a good idea! I might keep a little color though, I´ll try that. What do you mean by blur here and there? :)

Hoogle

Guru
I like the way the dress pic carries on the tulip scenario if you flipped it upside down it would look just like a tulip wouldnt make sense for the picture but highlights my point good work

Vafann

Guru
I like the way the dress pic carries on the tulip scenario if you flipped it upside down it would look just like a tulip wouldnt make sense for the picture but highlights my point good work

Yes, thank you Hoogle! I have put an upside down tulip over the dress, and the other one in the "dress vase" on purpose for the reason you said! I´m glad you saw that!! :)

Paul

Former Member
Something like this or maybe even deeper and softer? Ain't shop good mate:)

Attachments

• faytest.jpg
    faytest.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 34

Paul

Former Member
Or darker more grain and nakedness to it now.

Attachments

• faytestcard2.jpg
    faytestcard2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 33

Vafann

Guru
Something like this or maybe even deeper and softer? Ain't shop good mate:)

OH OK, now I understand what you mean by lur Belial!

I am going to have to re think it though, the woman I was making them for (I have made two completely different ones) doesn´t seem to like them much, and on this one the biggest problem she had was the vase, and without that the dress probably needs to lose the tulip part and.... oh I am probably just going to have to make a completely new thing, but at the moment I´m really pretty frustrated and irritated.

I am doing this for free because she is a friend, and because I am no pro and really need practice, but this whole thing is giving me a feeling of how frustrating it must be for real designers who have clients who keep changing their minds, and can´t communicate what it is they really want. I feel like just trashing the whole project, but I have said that I am going to do it, so I guess I just have to bite down and continue until she is satisfied.

Paul

Former Member
Swings and round a bouts mate, the clients normally wrong but you let them think they are right lol.
No worries just trying to help a mate out, i nearly made the vase and flower vanish myself but thought leave alone just play around with the mood of the image.

luna

Really nice poster :D (love Vintage look),I do not agree withBelial,with his suggestions picture loses focus.

My suggestion is little colors pop,maybe some paper textures,some sepia tones

its easier for me to show(I hope you do not mind):

27687174.jpg

I put old paper texture,two color fill layers(first sepija color in soft light blending mode,second purple in hrad mix mode with reduce fill)

You have a great concept,the rest are just variations :)

Vafann

Guru
Swings and round a bouts mate, the clients normally wrong but you let them think they are right lol.
No worries just trying to help a mate out, i nearly made the vase and flower vanish myself but thought leave alone just play around with the mood of the image.

Thank you Belial! So you think the vase should be gone too? hmmm..

Vafann

Guru
Really nice poster :D (love Vintage look),I do not agree withBelial,with his suggestions picture loses focus.

My suggestion is little colors pop,maybe some paper textures,some sepia tones

its easier for me to show(I hope you do not mind):

View attachment 6573

I put old paper texture,two color fill layers(first sepija color in soft light blending mode,second purple in hrad mix mode with reduce fill)

You have a great concept,the rest are just variations :)

Yes! Thank you Luna! that does look much better! :)

luna

Another suggestion,when you paint shadows(paint them on new layer)then apply some gaussian blur on them(reduce the opacity of layer),you will get a more realistic shadows :)

Vafann

Guru
Another suggestion,when you paint shadows(paint them on new layer)then apply some gaussian blur on them(reduce the opacity of layer),you will get a more realistic shadows :)

Thank you again Luna! I will think about that next time, the shadows I made here are with layer styles and I know they don´t look very realistic, I just don´t know how to do that yet, but I am learning! :)

scoop2622

the dress stand just seems to be floating in air and the shadows on the zipper things on the floor are dif. than the flower vase

Last edited:

Vafann

Guru
the dress stand just seems to be floating in air and the shadows on the zipper things on the floor are dif. than the flower vase

Hi scoop, thank you! I understand the shadow thing, I know it´s wrong all over the place, but I don´t quite understand what you mean by the dress stand floating in the air? It´s supposed to look like it´s growing out of the earth and cracks in the floor, I can´t see what you mean, will you please explain so I can fix it? :)

scoop2622

Hi scoop, thank you! I understand the shadow thing, I know it´s wrong all over the place, but I don´t quite understand what you mean by the dress stand floating in the air? It´s supposed to look like it´s growing out of the earth and cracks in the floor, I can´t see what you mean, will you please explain so I can fix it? :)
it dont got a stand holding it up ,or a hook on it. i know it seems nit picky but it kinda gives it an appearance that it is floating. unless that green thing is part of whats pushing it out of the ground