What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does any one know how to create a logo like this ?

Paul

Former Member
Almost everyone here on a regular basis will say yeah i will have a go at it, if you know the font name it helps others a long the way mate.

Wyn Hopkins

Thanx but I was just wondering in general how would you go about doing a thunder outline ? I know how to outline a image and changing the shape of the letters, is that illustrator ?

Kamikaze

Thanx but I was just wondering in general how would you go about doing a thunder outline ? I know how to outline a image and changing the shape of the letters, is that illustrator ?
I'm sure you could find a decent thunder brush and begin incorporating it as a border. I doubt it will be overly difficult but I wish you the best of luck.

Wyn Hopkins

Really ? Looks quite decent and hard ?? if anyone could attempt tp re draw it and tell me steps I would be grateful thanx for reply anyways :D

Hi Wyn Hopkins

Got some time to spare, and i decided to play whit your logo recreation idea, and this is what i got so far.

strike logo_final_00.png

This has taken me some time + some layers and fx, i'm assuming that you got some medium knowledge in PS, so it wont be impossible for you to recreate this as well.

- Using the pen tool , i've created multiple paths to be used later as selections and strokes like: outer shape, yellow glowing line, text, and the green circular shape on the right side.
* the yellow glowing line was created by stroking the path, using an irregular small brush, then added a yellow color overlay.

- after you created those paths it's just matter of filling it whit gradients or solid color,

-Then added the lightning brushes to it, you can fins some of them here
10 Very Useful Lightning Effect Photoshop Brush Packs

- when finished adding the lightning brushes, I've started to give it some color, by adding a new layer, painting on it whit you desired color, in this case lime green and set the blend mode to overlay or color.

-added another layer setting the blend mode to overlay or color dodge and painted some sparkles and stars
http://vandelaydesign.com/blog/design/photoshop-brushes-light-sparkles/

-And some final layer adjustments like: sharpening image by using Filter>Sharpen>Unsharp mask, played a bit whit color balance and hue and saturation, and there you have it.

Hope this helps.

Wyn Hopkins

OMG that is almost identical :D thanks man very helpful. Just one more question what font was it ?? as that is amazing and how did you skew the text ?? illustrator ?
Thanks again cant thank you enough

As i mentioned in my last post, that's not a font.
I've created an outline of the text using the pen tool, same as for the other shapes.

Last edited: