What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self Portrait

Vafann

Guru
I have been totally uninspired all day, but I still tried to make something in photoshop, I started over on at least three things that didn´t work at all, so finally I just took a picture of myself and starting messing around with it. I suppose it turned out kind of interesting, I would rather call it that than bad lol.

SP1.jpg

MelissaV

Wow nice!!! I love that piece! NOT bad at all, Simply a work of art... You should add that to your personal portfolio or gallery. :naughty: Love the grunge and the expression, makes you think

Mel

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Very lovely Vafann. Very pretty girl. If you see her, tell her I said so.

If I have any suggestions at all, it would be to open up the eye just a bit more, especially at the bottom. It wouldn't hurt to warp the (what do you call it?) design there to pull both leaves open a bit and rotate it if necessary. It's very symmetrical, but I can see where rotating it would take it out of the frame. I guess you could enlarge it a bit. Or not to any of that. I'm feeling like I offer you meaningless critique sometimes, especially when your work stands up quite well without changes. But you said to keep it coming, so there! Your projects lately have been very impressive.

fenix

Guru
Really really good Vafann!

Vafann

Guru
Wow nice!!! I love that piece! NOT bad at all, Simply a work of art... You should add that to your personal portfolio or gallery. :naughty: Love the grunge and the expression, makes you think

Mel

Thank you Melissa! I´m actually really surprised that anybody liked it lol! :)

Vafann

Guru
Very lovely Vafann. Very pretty girl. If you see her, tell her I said so.

If I have any suggestions at all, it would be to open up the eye just a bit more, especially at the bottom. It wouldn't hurt to warp the (what do you call it?) design there to pull both leaves open a bit and rotate it if necessary. It's very symmetrical, but I can see where rotating it would take it out of the frame. I guess you could enlarge it a bit. Or not to any of that. I'm feeling like I offer you meaningless critique sometimes, especially when your work stands up quite well without changes. But you said to keep it coming, so there! Your projects lately have been very impressive.

Thank you so much Clare! Yes I do want you to keep them coming, people´s critiques are waht is helping me to learn to be better. Also, when I know that something is wrong, but can´t really see what it is exactly, or don´r know how to fix something, you´re suggstions always make perfect sense. And in cases like this, what you said about the design thing, you are confirming my thoughts about it, so that I know that it´s not only me who´s seeing it. :) I love your suggestions, they are all always valid.:)

Paul

Former Member
Vafann oh Vafann, i remember your first days here and you asking for help with some layers to your head. Now look at you all grown up and running coming up with all of these very individual and personal creations only you can conceive.
You could put one new one of your up any day, and nearly everyone here would know it was your creation, without your name being next to it. Take credit and accept it mate, truly you are growing.

Vafann

Guru
Vafann oh Vafann, i remember your first days here and you asking for help with some layers to your head. Now look at you all grown up and running coming up with all of these very individual and personal creations only you can conceive.
You could put one new one of your up any day, and nearly everyone here would know it was your creation, without your name being next to it. Take credit and accept it mate, truly you are growing.

Wow Belial! I´m stunned, what a truly lovely thing to say! Thank you so much! :)

Paul

Former Member
It's the truth mate, your style is very individual. Artist work for years to get there own reco style out there.

MelissaV

I agree with Belial, You are an artist. All forms of art deserve appreciation. I actually used to dabble with this sort of art but the audience didn't seem to have much an eye for art as I did so I eventually just went to regular graphic design but I like more than image manipulation my friend lol I am ... very diverse. I used to sketch and paint in RL then I discovered Digital Art and fell in love with it. But it's nice to see someone every now and then do a personal piece something creative and unique it's refreshing! Much respect to you!

Vafann

Guru
I agree with Belial, You are an artist. All forms of art deserve appreciation. I actually used to dabble with this sort of art but the audience didn't seem to have much an eye for art as I did so I eventually just went to regular graphic design but I like more than image manipulation my friend lol I am ... very diverse. I used to sketch and paint in RL then I discovered Digital Art and fell in love with it. But it's nice to see someone every now and then do a personal piece something creative and unique it's refreshing! Much respect to you!

Thank you soooo much Melissa! :)

Vafann

Guru
I tried changing the "design elements" and a couple of other small things. Is it better or worse? :)

SP-ny-des-för-krymp.jpg

fenix

Guru
I think It is an improvement, absolutely! The only thing I personally would have made a bit different would have been to remove the shadows on the pattern there at the left side for to achieve a more flat surface which i think looks better if turned in to a poster.

Vafann

Guru
I think It is an improvement, absolutely! The only thing I personally would have made a bit different would have been to remove the shadows on the pattern there at the left side for to achieve a more flat surface which i think looks better if turned in to a poster.

OK! Thank you Fenix! I will try to do that and see if it turns out better! :)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Vafann, I don't like that idea: "remove the shadows on the pattern." But then, I don't see it as a poster but a largish picture, 11x14 or even 16x20ish. IMHO. Also, I now see the patterns as a sort of ""real" FG screen, not just a design and I like that better. My only suggestion would be to link a portion of one of the designs up to the last one on the bottom to continue the idea of a connection; just the tiniest squiggle. :rolleyes: But, that is just my interpretation. Mostly I think it is perfect just like it is.