What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another weird self portrait

Vafann

Guru
I have been totally uninspired, and couldn´t come up with one single idea for any kind of Photoshop project, so I just started messing around with own face.

Sjp-5-ram.jpg

Vafann

Guru
Talk about self-mutilation.... lol... happens.... even to me.

hmmmmm... if you change the dark mat on the face to green it might look better.....
Lol Dv8! I actually think it was a stroke of genius to be able to create a palette of such absolutely hideous colors, I will probably never be able to do that again (thank god) lol! :)

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Lol Dv8! I actually think it was a stroke of genious to be able to create a palette of such absolutely hideous colors, I will probably never be able to do that again (thank god) lol! :)

I know the feeling..... You don't know what you want to do... you don't know how to do it... you end up creating something but don't remember how got there.....

iDad

Guru
scratches head and moves on.........LOL

iDad

Guru
I have a surprise for you....... gotta wait till ps.starts up.... ;)

iDad

Guru
youlittledeaddevil.gif

ibclare

Queen Bee
Vafann, I love the newer version but I can see the potential to make this first one a powerful work. Fool around with contrast, bring out elements of the face -- the eyes tend to disappear, and maybe an overlay of color like the lizad suggested. I love work that is mysterious and even bordering on morbid I suppose though I don't think of it that way. It is just at the dark end of the range of artistic expression and so it is an echo of the darker range of our emotions. And so on and so on, lol.

Vafann

Guru
Vafann, I love the newer version but I can see the potential to make this first one a powerful work. Fool around with contrast, bring out elements of the face -- the eyes tend to disappear, and maybe an overlay of color like the lizad suggested. I love work that is mysterious and even bordering on morbid I suppose though I don't think of it that way. It is just at the dark end of the range of artistic expression and so it is an echo of the darker range of our emotions. And so on and so on, lol.

Ok, coooooool, I love the way you speak. :)