What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two birds no photos

Vafann

Guru
I did this completely without photographs. I drew and painted all the different elements individually by hand and then put them together in Photoshop and messed around with adjustment layers and things.

I´m not really sure about the composition, I kept changing the bird sizes and moving them around all over the place, I´m still not satisfied, but I´m going to keep messing around with it. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

colorbird-tree-1-flat.jpg

Great Job Vafann

It looks great, my only suggestion will be, that you could draw some sort of branch, for the birds to be seating on, it seems that the birds are just floating in midair.

Other than that looks really good, great job on drawing and coloring the shapes on the birds.

Keep it up.

Hoogle

Guru
GREAT WORK this is my favourite piece so far all though I would agree about the branch.

Vafann

Guru
Great Job Vafann

It looks great, my only suggestion will be, that you could draw some sort of branch, for the birds to be seating on, it seems that the birds are just floating in midair.

Other than that looks really good, great job on drawing and coloring the shapes on the birds.

Keep it up.

Thank you maximus! Yes I agree about the birds looking like they are floating, I moved them around all over the place, the thing is I scanned a drawing I made of the tree, so I will have to redraw the whole thing to add a branch, maybe I will someday when I´m not so lazy lol. :)

boofybltzd

Awesome! I love the birds and tree. However Im not into the background. Maybe if you changed the background like a staind glass effect like the tree.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I do think it is beautiful. Each element is beautifully crafted. The only thing about the composition that stands out to me is the clustering together of the various elements at the center or left of center. I want to give that bird on the right a little shove! Nice work Vafann.

Vafann

Guru
Awesome! I love the birds and tree. However Im not into the background. Maybe if you changed the background like a staind glass effect like the tree.

Thank you boofybltzd!:)
Yes, I was a bit unsure about the background as well, that I can change though, so I will try out doing what you suggested. :)

Vafann

Guru
I do think it is beautiful. Each element is beautifully crafted. The only thing about the composition that stands out to me is the clustering together of the various elements at the center or left of center. I want to give that bird on the right a little shove! Nice work Vafann.

Thank you Clare! :) I know what you mean, I have been pushing them all over the place lol. I think they are too clustered in the middle too , it has to do with the branch thing, I couldn´t find anywhere to put them that would look like they were sitting on anything, I could if I shrink them a lot, but then they don´t show very much. I will move them some more , and maybe even try to add a branch or two somehow.

What I have leanrd from this is that I need to do a little more planning next time, and not just hope that I can fit things together afterwards lol. :)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thank you Clare! :) ...
I will move them some more , and maybe even try to add a branch or two somehow.

What I have leanrd from this is that I need to do a little more planning next time, and not just hope that I can fit things together afterwards lol. :)

Well now, let's examine that statement :mrgreen:

What is Photoshop for if not to manipulate to your heart's content. OK, so I'm not really serious, but kinda. Sometimes it does help to have a plan, and there are some people who simply would not do anything without one (you know, the engineer type :D). But people like you and I work on a more organic level and feel our way through the design process. Feel isn't the best word . . .

So, you can always duplicate part of the tree or roots and place that farther over to the right if you need a perch. Lots of ways to blend it in. Anyway, you're on the right track and you make lovely pieces. Not too far in your future you ought to check around local interior designers and see if they could use your work. Uh huh.
:clap:

Vafann

Guru
Well now, let's examine that statement :mrgreen:

What is Photoshop for if not to manipulate to your heart's content. OK, so I'm not really serious, but kinda. Sometimes it does help to have a plan, and there are some people who simply would not do anything without one (you know, the engineer type :D). But people like you and I work on a more organic level and feel our way through the design process. Feel isn't the best word . . .

So, you can always duplicate part of the tree or roots and place that farther over to the right if you need a perch. Lots of ways to blend it in. Anyway, you're on the right track and you make lovely pieces. Not too far in your future you ought to check around local interior designers and see if they could use your work. Uh huh.
:clap:
Oh! Thank you Clare! You are a genius! Would you believe the thought of copying and pasting a branch or two never even crossed my mind? LOL! (I suppose anyone could believe that lol).

I t´s amazing how stuck you can get in your thoughts,and then someone just comes by and jerks you right back on track with such a simple suggestion. Thank you again Deeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaarr! :)