What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeealex logo (needs a bit of a guru's touch)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Head over to Digital Juice and download juicer that part is free but then you have to buy font packs that are about $100 each that is what generates the cool text.

when I started to read this post in my email, I was all ready to report it as as spam!

OK, my entry!

Attachments

• ZA.jpg
    ZA.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Oh, duh, that post was for me? Short term memory loss here hoog :redface:

Still, I thought somebody was trying to sell me a juicer!

Steve

Retired Administrator
Still, I thought somebody was trying to sell me a juicer!

And if you call 1-800-Hoogleman in the next 10 minutes you'll get a $100 font absolutely free, just pay for shipping and handling.
:eek:fftopic:
Sorry :redface:

Just my 2¢ here, all these image may be fine as a logo but like Ivan said in massage #2, "too complex".

A watermark could be distinctive but needs to be subtle.
Just my opinion. :)

iamqwerty

Here's a quick mock.

ZA.jpg

that looks pretty cool to me :D fair play wish i could do that

Hoogle

Guru
I am registering that number now lol it is 1 of those products where you spend lots of money on it and the realise hang on I probably will never actually use any of it realisticallylol, Oh well it is a bit of fun I guess.
Yeah have to agree a watermark should be subtle and not distract you from the actual picture hence mine is perfect lol.

ibclare

Queen Bee
And if you call 1-800-Hoogleman in the next 10 minutes you'll get a $100 font absolutely free, just pay for shipping and handling.
:eek:fftopic:

Now that's what I wanna hear!

Steve, I think we are all fooling around. It started with Hoogle, went to iDad, and the rest is history. Maybe we should move it over to Avatar Wars!

Steve

Retired Administrator
Now that's what I wanna hear!

Steve, I think we are all fooling around. It started with Hoogle, went to iDad, and the rest is history. Maybe we should move it over to Avatar Wars!

It's all good.
You're all friends, let Alex guide the thread.

I was just giving a personal opinion on her wanting to use the logo as a watermark too.

Steve

Retired Administrator
ibclare said:
a watermark? that is a cool idea. So go ahead Steve, make more work for me; now I have to go make one too

LOL, hey don't blame sweet, innocent, cuddly Steve , [innocent] ....... check out Post #1.

ZeeAlex said:
............i need help on what to do with my first ever ZA logo, which i will use to watermark my latest images, however i think it needs something.

Hoogle

Guru
I have done this for you keeping it uniform with the youtube intro I did for you it is png format no white background honest.
zaw.png

Hoogle

Guru
If you want to change it here is the psd View attachment za.psd
I had to Rasterize the ZA so that I could add the double stroke to it and you will need o install a font called optic from dafont.com if you want to edit the so what part.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
love it hoogleman! well i love all of them but still...

i'm kind of lost XD

Hoogle

Guru
Well you now have a new starting point. I cant tell you how many times I have spent hours on a design just to delete it all and start again. At least now you have more of an idea and you should be able to come up with several ideas.

Zeealice

sorry Hoogleman I hope you don't mind just did a couple of things to it, for the watermarking end. it's in Jpeg so you can see it on a dark BG understanding most of your images are quite dark.
6511726475_13a718f145_b.jpg

Hoogle

Guru
Yeah no problem It was more suggestive than having it done for her way to big for a watermark anyway just uploaded the psd so you could see what I did if she would like to copy it or edit then I more than happy for her or anyone to do what they want it is only letters at the end of the day. To tell the truth I did the text in a 3d program and thought it was over the top so guickly erased the 3d part in photoshop hence dodgy edges.
But the same effect can be done easily
New text layer in black type what you want
blending options andd a stroke whatever colour you like
create a new layer and merge the text layer with it and then under blending options you can add another stroke.