What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeealex logo (needs a bit of a guru's touch)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
hey people.

i need help on what to do with my first ever ZA logo, which i will use to watermark my latest images, however i think it needs something.

Zeealex-Logo.png
here's the PNG file so you can have a look and post comments on what to do with it.

thanks if you can give a helping hand :thumbsup:

and yeah, i can say I’m officially back now, i was going to wait til Wednesday but... withdrawals :p

P.S i know the glow problems on the side are a bit of a bother, i am aware of this and i will fix it ASAP if you need it, and i can trust you (which applies to most) i'll pass over the PSD

Ivan Skoro

I think it's too complex.
Your letters have a nice compatibility ( Z and A ), and I think they can be combined in a good shape.
I'll try to draw a few now.

But this one you've got here is a bit too complex, and too textured. Logo should be simple.

Ivan Skoro

Here's a quick mock.

ZA.jpg

Stefano

Hey I need practice making stuff from scratch in PS so I tried a ZA logo for you too!

ZA.png

-Stefano

ibclare

Queen Bee
I really like where you're going with this zee. Really. It has a few distractions as were noted above, but I think those can be dealt with. It's an "elite" logo. Takes some intellectual capacity to create and to read! Here are a couple thoughts, but they're going to be incomplete or just wrong since I'm not quite sure what is off.

The black bar in the Bg creates a "X" but it also creates a backwards "Z." I think if the bottom of that black "Z" (and I don't know if you intended it to be a "Z" or not) came across to the front, the top staying behind as is, that would define the double "Z" a bit better.

I like the glow idea, but at the moment, I think there is too much. Maybe if it were more selectively applied. You can use drop shadows with radiant/glowing colors to create outer glows that don't do the entire perimeter. Same with inner shadows.

I like the texture you're using. When you post it again, would you please post a larger res image so I can click it and magnify. Well, these are my quick thoughts.

(did she really say "elite?" wtf?!)

Stefano

Thanks for the tip Ivan...

ZAtexture.png

Good luck with your logo Zeealex, I agree with the others here and think your logo will be very cool when you are done creating it!

-Stefano

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
I really like where you're going with this zee. Really. It has a few distractions as were noted above, but I think those can be dealt with. It's an "elite" logo. Takes some intellectual capacity to create and to read! Here are a couple thoughts, but they're going to be incomplete or just wrong since I'm not quite sure what is off.

The black bar in the Bg creates a "X" but it also creates a backwards "Z." I think if the bottom of that black "Z" (and I don't know if you intended it to be a "Z" or not) came across to the front, the top staying behind as is, that would define the double "Z" a bit better.

I like the glow idea, but at the moment, I think there is too much. Maybe if it were more selectively applied. You can use drop shadows with radiant/glowing colors to create outer glows that don't do the entire perimeter. Same with inner shadows.

I like the texture you're using. When you post it again, would you please post a larger res image so I can click it and magnify. Well, these are my quick thoughts.

(did she really say "elite?" wtf?!)
the back line was meant to be an X of sorts, because if you have my twisted mind, with the X it's Spells Zeealex in one place XD but i see where you are coming from :p i'll turn down the glows, and change them.

The texture? what one there's two on there? the little square-ey one or the metal one? :p

Thanks for the help clare, stefano and Ivan, i love them all, however if it helps you much, i'm kind of one of those people who like dark stuff XD love them though!

ibclare

Queen Bee
right. I get the X. I can't make out the texture details very well, just the effect generally. stick to the dark as you have it. It works for you.

I added some light and shadow and then I made this change to the "A." Also tried to soften the glow. There's something about the balance that is slightly off. I like that you made it off balance, outside the box, but there is something that needs countering or it just seems like it's struggling to stand on its own.

Attachments

• ZA.jpg
    ZA.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 43

Hoogle

Guru
Head over to Digital Juice and download juicer that part is free but then you have to buy font packs that are about $100 each that is what generates the cool text.