What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something I had in my head last week Part 2

ChrisHPZ

Power User
For those who were following my post last week, here's an unfinished video of the image I posted. I didn't however animate the clouds yet because I wanted to hear everyone's ideas. The video quality is OK, After Effects did something with the clouds that make it seem like it's an SD movie. I don't know how to describe it. Anyway, look forward to everyone's posts. It will open in a browser but I can't upload it here as the file format is not supported. I used the F4V format (Flash Video) so as to keep the file small, 1MB.

http://www.cdemarco.com/nightOceanScene.f4v

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I don't use after effects so I have no comment on that.

I like the ripple effect but it's kinda fast... maybe slowing it down to 25& speed might work.

The moon's texture seem to be unstable.... Did you mean it to be that way?

As a personal preference, I would have made the moon arc over the sky. at a slower pace to match a slower ripple effect to give it a romantic alien look.

Over-all , it's a good take on the concept. Would be worth the improvements if you decide to work more on it.

Great Stuff... :clap: Keep it coming....

Paul

Former Member
What do I need to download to watch this? Google is helping me determine...

Adobe media player, just click the link and it should just open the player for you?
BTT.

Very nice mate, i thought it was going to collide at one point.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
Adobe media player, just click the link and it should just open the player for you?
BTT.

Very nice mate, i thought it was going to collide at one point.

I was thinking about that myself Paul. But it's such a neat city, I would hate to ruin it. Besides, it's supposed to be a serene landscape, not destructive.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread, but I still can't find out how to view it. Apparently I don't have Adobe's Media Player and they aren't offering it. There are downloads available from 3rd party sites, but I have had virus/etc. problems before and don't know if they're trustworthy. :banghead:

Thoughts? Please & thank you.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
That's ok, I'm going to put this up onto my site. It really needs to go there anyway as it does represent my work in which my portfolio website is suited for that purpose. I'll have a link up in a few here.

MotoChief

I like it but the clouds seem very static. Maybe add a little motion to the clouds.

Also, maybe change the lighting angle on the city with the movement of the moon.