What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ricardoga

Ok so for school we have to make a poster that involved the 60's , 70's or 80's (pick one decade) . The goal of the poster is to create awareness and spark interest in a gallery. Picked the 80's. And we had to include the words all the words on the poster and we couldnt add other words. Logo are the sponsors for the show.

Tell me what you dislike or what i can improve on or what you think.

Thanks
ps I have to hand this in on feb 2,2012
posterrgb.jpg

Last edited:

scoop2622

i would get rid of the 3 stars on the right upper third that looks 70s to me and maybe try and use more pastel colors or a miami vice style text

Attachments

• 800px-Miami_Vice_svg.png
    800px-Miami_Vice_svg.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 3
Try to find some graphic art or posters or ads from the eighties, like Scoop suggested. Find some 80's fonts, and try those out.

printchesco

The stars indeed seem to belong to the 70s. The rubic's cube is a nice touch although you may want to try those big earrings that Cindy Lauper used to wear.

printchesco

The use of the rubik's cube is a nice touch and people from the 80s would be able to appreciate this. The design looks pretty 80s, but if you want to be more sure you have to compare it with actual 80s posters and use fonts and design elements from the time period. Try adding in more stuff that would be instantly recognizable as from the 80s.

longlivemedia

I like it for the most part. However, I feel that the Rubik’s cube seems out of place. A nice concept seeing as how the Rubik’s cube seems kind of symbolic of being 80’s, but it just feels out of place in this picture. I’m thinking it could be how the red, yellow, and blue colors in it don’t match the colors of the main poster. Maybe toggle with the colors, try outlining it, or give her something altogether different. Honestly, I would have used a die as an earring in this picture.