What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Movie Poster

wx3Oq.jpg

T6J9o.jpg

===================

Are you trolling us ???? Noone cares!

Ne diyisin la zırtto Zoruna mı gitti Zübükos ???? (!!!!) Çok da umurumdaydı tövbe tövbe.. ???

Last edited:

db1machine

Hey buddy. First of all, thanks for posting!

My initial observation, is that you use very familiar techniques on all of them. They get better as you go on, but remember; sometimes "Less is more." Be very careful when you are post-editing on smooth pictures. You end up creating a lot of unnatural "Noise" in the picture, which needs to be much lighter and easier on the eye.

Try some new techniques, because what might work for one film will most definitely not always work with another. Try lowering the contrast, and creating a "softer" look to the posters. There is a lot of cross-contrast in the colour work as well, so try smoothing the blending tones with different gradient filters and lighting.

You do this, by;

Layers >> Add new layer >> (Blending mode = Soft Light) and call this layer "Gradient Soft"
Then select your gradient tool, and pick a few colours that relate to the emotion of the movie.

Then drag a line all the way across that layer and see how it looks. Using darker colours, creates a softer image.
Use the blending mode of your gradient layer as "Overlay" to create higher contrast images, with cleaner and bright colours to create high-definition impact.

Give it a try, and let me know how you get on!

db1machine

Movie Poster

Hey buddy. First of all, thanks for posting!

My initial observation, is that you use very familiar techniques on all of them. They get better as you go on, but remember; sometimes "Less is more." Be very careful when you are post-editing on smooth pictures. You end up creating a lot of unnatural "Noise" in the picture, which needs to be much lighter and easier on the eye.

Try some new techniques, because what might work for one film will most definitely not always work with another. Try lowering the contrast, and creating a "softer" look to the posters. There is a lot of cross-contrast in the colour work as well, so try smoothing the blending tones with different gradient filters and lighting.

You do this, by;

Layers >> Add new layer >> (Blending mode = Soft Light) and call this layer "Gradient Soft"
Then select your gradient tool, and pick a few colours that relate to the emotion of the movie.

Then drag a line all the way across that layer and see how it looks. Using darker colours, creates a softer image.
Use the blending mode of your gradient layer as "Overlay" to create higher contrast images, with cleaner and bright colours to create high-definition impact.

Give it a try, and let me know how you get on!

db1machine

Thanks..very very thanks..

raz

thats a lot of posters good work though i like the double layer transition effect

Status
Not open for further replies.