What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Manipulation, please give criticism.

Uglyshoes

I think it looks good real clean and blended well. With that being said, I think you overlooked something. It's a post apocalyptic pic screaming destruction and chaos. The road looks like it was paved yesterday. I'd like to see you beat the road up a little bit, some stress cracks, pot-holes, etc. Just my thoughts though. Well, done.

D2AP

I think it looks good real clean and blended well. With that being said, I think you overlooked something. It's a post apocalyptic pic screaming destruction and chaos. The road looks like it was paved yesterday. I'd like to see you beat the road up a little bit, some stress cracks, pot-holes, etc. Just my thoughts though. Well, done.

I actually was gonna do that, it wasn't overlooked. I started to, but just wasn't satisfied. Might go back and touch it up.

RTContent

Power User
I like it, but I think the shadows need fixing. They look way too defined (particularly the man and the sign) so I would blur these a little more

Astromatics

Nice work! I can't really say which one I prefer. The lighter one looks more realistic while the darker is more dramatic.

D2AP

I like it, but I think the shadows need fixing. They look way too defined (particularly the man and the sign) so I would blur these a little more
Funny you mention that, I recently fixed the shadows. I'll upload the speed art and stuff and the updated photos.

mattmorz

I'm not fond of Photo Manipulation, but then I guess it would nice if it is much darker just like in the movies where apocalypse is coming. :thumbsup:

alan9187

Hi there,

Might be just me but the shaddow from the car, man and sign seem to going in diferent directions and as already mention the man and sign shaddow need bluring more.

D2AP

Hi there,

Might be just me but the shaddow from the car, man and sign seem to going in diferent directions and as already mention the man and sign shaddow need bluring more.

I have blurred the shadows and they do go in different angles slightly due to the placement of the sun.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Very nice. I agree with pretty much all the above comments, some of which I wouldn't have thought of, especially the idea of a worn road. I understand your shadow perspective, but if you take the sign and the man as setting the angle of the sun, then I thin the car is out of sequence in its own direction. Subtle things.

I like the dark one better. Just out of curiosity, why a grey FG and sepia BG?

D2AP

Very nice. I agree with pretty much all the above comments, some of which I wouldn't have thought of, especially the idea of a worn road. I understand your shadow perspective, but if you take the sign and the man as setting the angle of the sun, then I thin the car is out of sequence in its own direction. Subtle things.

I like the dark one better. Just out of curiosity, why a grey FG and sepia BG?

I liked the contrast, plus with the sun in the clouds it made sense to me that, that area would be lighter and from the glow of the sun in the clouds and maybe a bit darker away from it. Kinda like a sunset. The stuff further away from the sunset usually is darker.

alan9187

Hi there..

iv'e looked at it again and great work, and i asume the sun is in the top right area ?... if so it still seems as though the car shaddow is out of place. There also seems to be a triangular shaddow in the middle of the road that i can not see where its coming from.

D2AP

Hi there..

iv'e looked at it again and great work, and i asume the sun is in the top right area ?... if so it still seems as though the car shaddow is out of place. There also seems to be a triangular shaddow in the middle of the road that i can not see where its coming from.

I agree, the car shadow needs work. The random triangle looking shadow is a bird in the sky. Look again and you'll see it.

Rob_IMX

Looks great.. the only criticism I'd give is the shadow of the car is too blurred. Immediately caught my eye, doesn't fit well.

Besides that.. looks really cool! great style :)

RTContent

Power User
The new one looks much better. Glad to to see you took everything people said on board :)

Fatboy73

Guru
Looking good and coming along nicely. As far as fixing any more issues, I personally would move on to your next piece and apply what you've learned to that. I feel it's not productive or beneficial to keep working on the same piece over and over again because everyone has different ideas on what would make a piece better. Take the suggestions you like and use them in your next artwork.

That being said, in whatever you do next. Remember that shadows start out darkest and most crisp at their point of origin, and fade off and dissipate(blur) the further they fall from that point. Also when laying down a shadow, pay attention to what kind of surface the shadow is falling on and how it would fall on that surface.

You did use atmospheric perspective on some parts this piece, but it was missing on others like the figure and parts of the city. Something at that distance would also be blurred slightly and not as crisp. Looking forward to seeing your next piece. :)

D2AP

Looking good and coming along nicely. As far as fixing any more issues, I personally would move on to your next piece and apply what you've learned to that. I feel it's not productive or beneficial to keep working on the same piece over and over again because everyone has different ideas on what would make a piece better. Take the suggestions you like and use them in your next artwork.

That being said, in whatever you do next. Remember that shadows start out darkest and most crisp at their point of origin, and fade off and dissipate(blur) the further they fall from that point. Also when laying down a shadow, pay attention to what kind of surface the shadow is falling on and how it would fall on that surface.

You did use atmospheric perspective on some parts this piece, but it was missing on others like the figure and parts of the city. Something at that distance would also be blurred slightly and not as crisp. Looking forward to seeing your next piece. :)

You're absolutely right and thank you.