What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rediculous Space Images (No comments INKZ, HAHA!! J/K)

ChrisHPZ

Power User
I was following a tutorial from Photoshop expert Deke McClelland about making basic skies and clouds behind some 3D text. Some time into the tutorial, he called his progress ridiculous looking and started laughing at Photoshop's eccentricities; things that Photoshop does that make ya go WTH?!?!?. Anyway, after finishing with the clouds I went in another direction with terrain maps. What I have here is the same image rendered from different camera angles. When I say rendered and camera's that means that these are 3D graphics made entirely in Photoshop. Going a little further, I'll see about taking these comps into AfterEffects and doing a little 3D world animation. AfterEffects can do this, just not sure that my computer can due to RAM constraints.

rediculousSpaceScene_2.jpg

Attachments

• rediculousSpaceScene_1.jpg
    rediculousSpaceScene_1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 4
  • rediculousSpaceScene_3.jpg
    rediculousSpaceScene_3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Spruce, for awhile I thought the "viewed x amount of times" counter was lying to me as in nobody had seen these images.

I hadn't seen them Chris. Nice. Rather chilling. I was looking for Superman! For handmade, I'm impressed. Keep it up.

I'm going to propose that the 5 useless posts people make (to get their count up so they can post a link when most only need to upload an image . . . ) just be deleted on sight. All they serve to do is push work like yours to the bottom of the new postings list. I will admit that I rarely look into each forum, but go to the "what's new." I should watch that when it's full of multiple posts from newbies and look around more to see what I'm missing.

nice work Chris :)

did you still made any animations of them?

No unfortunately I haven't made any animations out of these. These images are all 3D Photoshop and as such they are extremely RAM heavy. I have stumbled on a few ways to make 3D mountains and 3D text from directly within After Effects, which is what I use for animations. The mountains come out ok, which is to say that they pass for acceptable at a beginner level. If I were to try to animate these images using the source psd files, I'd need a computer with at least 80GB of RAM to handle it. I did make one video that has the 3D mountains and text and it didn't come out to bad. http://www.cdemarco.net/aftereffects.html click on the XO Productions thumbnail to see it.

wow very nice, that explosion realy kicked in hahaha nice nice

I had you site bookmarked, just forgot to check it, so I watched the other ones aswell and they are realy great :)

Thanks Dreamers I appreciate it. Motion graphics are a nice diversion from the world of code and programming that I live in:)

Back