What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Card Design

inkpad.t

Guru
Thank's for the defense over the colors guys...

i didn't want to reply to that as i'm not relay keen in getting into a debate over things that are peoples own personal preferences .. I thought the colors i work with would be ideal for this type of card design.. cold to represent winter and the time of year, but at the same time ( i hope ) giving that warming happy feeling for Christmas with the different shades of blue.

I put the red hat and green scarf on the snow man to represent the traditional colors of Christmas and at the same time give the design a bit of a happy punch...

I also wanted the design to be different from the norm... ( going back i little, i just can't get that eye thing out of my head, it's only because some one said it that it now looks like it .. it probably only looks like it to others now that I've mention it )...

I can just see me getting back in me st8 jacket over this one... that's probably why i have not gone back to it yet , not until i get the eye THING out of the head ( no offence to , cant remember what there called ? you now ? .. oh yeh.... got it,... CYCLOPS'S, IF YOUR READING)

Last edited:

inkpad.t

Guru
Sorry... but just to add to this .... if every Christmas card, tree, and house decorations were red,green and gold... what a boring place the world would be... ( just my thoughts.. )

Where would the graphic designers, and artist go ?.. OH NO... NOT AGAIN..Head getting so many thoughts of possible avenues to take on this one ( got to shut up now and move on as this tread will end with me getting back in ward 10 and a load of threads talking to me self...)...

Felder

the color look very nice, no need to change at all. on the other hand, yes it does give the idea of an eye but does is not a big dig.
just a suggestion, if it looks empty at the bottom you can crop it like so (but do not take it seriously, its just suggestion)

christmas_bg_1.jpg

ibclare

Queen Bee
going back i little, i just can't get that eye thing out of my head, it's only because some one said it that it now looks like it .. it probably only looks like it to others now that I've mention it

Exactly. I didn't think of it till someone mentioned it. But just so you know, I don't see it when I look at it, unless I try to see it. Get it out of your head. Don't change the design. It looks good.

TBCobra

I like it a lot. I dont think it looks like an eye. But that would be cool if this was the reflection in someones eye or just what someone in visions Christmas to be. ;)

MrPixel

To be honest i only noticed the eye when you mentioned it, all in all it's a great design for a christmas card mate well done.

TwistyGFX

Very nice, I love the detail. I hope to see this be used for a loved one during the time of Christmas. I may, thank you for this.

inkpad.t

Guru
Well... Seeing as it's almost the festive season if any one wants it they can have it. Use and abuse at will... Nothing in there is copyright only to me as i made eveything in it, Some of the snow flakes were from brushes i made from public domain images so no worries over anything.. the raindears and sledge etc were agin done by me from tracing old images and then re adjusting them to the moden look.. ( if there is one for christmas )..

So do what you like with it..... change it , re arange it, print it .. what ever..

HOWEVER... there is always something right... Do not sell it, claim it as your own, this is only for those who wish to use it ( if any )and is free for all...

I only made this as a tester and not sure if still got the psd as i lost somke files a short while ago.. if i find it and you want it i will post it here..

Thanks.

DaHanci

This looks super cute! I especially love the Santa trail, the mini fireworks, and the trees. Maybe you could have it be the top of a card, and have the inside say "Eye'd like to have you at my Christmas party!" or something like that.