What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McVeighDesigns Thread

Vetoed

Thought Id make my own thread on here instead of making a new thread for each new piece which will help save me cluttering the forum (Y)

These are in order of when I made them which dates back to more than a year or so now when I first started using PS. I think there's a clear improvement as you move down them lol. I've made a lot more but Im only putting in the ones that are "good".

Follow me on tumblr if you want: http://mcveighdesigns.tumblr.com/

richy_nix_feat_deuce_cover_by_smcveigh92-d3fbepr.png

aron_erlichman_singles_by_smcveigh92-d3fi74l.png

klemore_can__t_hold_us_cover_by_smcveigh92-d4bl3p3.jpg

sl_cypher_cover_2_by_smcveigh92-d4cvtdp.jpg

not_hollywood_ep_v1_by_smcveigh92-d4f5vn4.jpg

dies_cover__not_official___5_by_smcveigh92-d4waiaz.jpg

_pink_friday__roman_reloaded_by_smcveigh92-d4mhvkn.jpg

__the_slumdon_bridge_cover_2_by_smcveigh92-d4oqgwe.jpg

st_of_atmosphere_album_cover_by_smcveigh92-d4ppzy2.jpg

micka_mex___promo_cover_by_smcveigh92-d4whz3g.jpg

rty_feat_truth_x_tavie_mccoy_by_smcveigh92-d4wtfv9.jpg

n_park___living_things_cover_by_smcveigh92-d4wzsee.jpg

nas___life_is_good_cover_by_smcveigh92-d4xxqjl.jpg

ure_diss___tyler_the_creator_by_smcveigh92-d51jwsq.jpg

__channel_orange_album_cover_by_smcveigh92-d52w1bd.jpg

ibclare

Queen Bee
Really nice work Vetoed. I like the use of grunge, the bleached images, the metaphors. :thumbsup:

Only one I don't like is Deuce. The figures are too centered; as a woman I object to the personification (but I know that doesn't matter to guys out there so ... ); and I don't like the head on the guy, mostly because I really can't make out what it's supposed to be but also because it doesn't blend well.

I have a couple comments on Can't Hold Us. At first I thought the washed out look was too much. I think it is the play of the letters against the image. I think it might work better if the image were even more washed out in contrast to the black lettering. Another thing I considered was increasing the color and contrast a bit on the BG image and having the text change its shade depending on the BG color. Or, do nothing!

Good work.

These comments refer to the first post. So far I haven't looked through all the others. But I think my favorites are those which, like there, are cover designs or "landscapes/manipulations" rather than portraits..

Last edited:

Vetoed

Really nice work Vetoed. I like the use of grunge, the bleached images, the metaphors. :thumbsup:

Thank you, I appreicate you checking out my work :)

Only one I don't like is Deuce. The figures are too centered; as a woman I object to the personification (but I know that doesn't matter to guys out there so ... ); and I don't like the head on the guy, mostly because I really can't make out what it's supposed to be but also because it doesn't blend well.

I don't even really like this piece myself but I was listening to the song over and over and I just wanted to try and make something for it. The songs all about partying etc and he's not that big of an artist atm and there was only a minimum amount of pictures that included him and this particular image seemed like one that fitted the theme of the song. He wears a mask, thats kind of his "thing" lol Yeah he doesn't blend well with the bg. I think that was my 2nd attempt at manipulating stock and I wasn't that great at it lol

I have a couple comments on Can't Hold Us. At first I thought the washed out look was too much. I think it is the play of the letters against the image. I think it might work better if the image were even more washed out in contrast to the black lettering. Another thing I considered was increasing the color and contrast a bit on the BG image and having the text change its shade depending on the BG color. Or, do nothing!

I agree, I made that cover ages ago when I would just throw textures over an image and add some kind of text that looked cool. I guess if I was to do it again I would try your suggestions. Its funny how the public works, that was one of my simplest covers and its been downloaded 4,480 times and other covers I spend ages on don't get noticed lol

Good work.

Again I appreciate your constructive criticism as it will only help me on later pieces and thanks for checking my work out :)

Vetoed

mcveigh_designs_twitter_banner_by_smcveigh92-d5lqh1s.jpg

Twitter Header for myself lol Think the gold lines should have been thinner but I cba to go back and fix it

MrPixel

I like your twitter header mate looks like the gold writing you see on those old leather bound books looks great! Wouldn't mind finding out how to achieve this look myself

Vetoed

I like your twitter header mate looks like the gold writing you see on those old leather bound books looks great! Wouldn't mind finding out how to achieve this look myself
I justed used a gold texture I found and changed levels and vibrance till I got that look

Kekuchi

The use of grunge gave me the chills, you are oozing with skill my friend.
Amazing work :clap:

Vetoed

You should stay away from anything that says " Justin Beiber" . Hate that little kid.

I used to hate him too, but he had Selena Gomez so I had to give him props for that. Then his new album had a mature sound and I enjoyed a few tracks. Plus I just make them trying to get reblogs on Twitter :'(

The use of grunge gave me the chills, you are oozing with skill my friend.
Amazing work :clap:

Wow, thanks mate :)

Vetoed

Made this for my friend who is on our University radio station. I took out their names in case they didn't want it on the internet. Normally they would be placed in between the queens text and the date

radio_nowhere_poster_by_smcveigh92-d5mh46a.jpg