What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retouched From B/W

Inkz

Guru
So I wanted to retouch a black and white image and make it colour...

Quite alot went into this piece, though it doesn't look like it lol.

What I did..

Mostly curves and masks for skin tone, hair and eyes. Then retouched as I normally do with coloured images with high pass and surface blur.

Before:

bwretouchbefore.png

After:

bwretouchafter.png

Paul

Former Member
Really nice mate, the hair line around the top is a little sloppy though.

Inkz

Guru
Curse you for seeing that lmao...

I had trouble with her eye brows as well.

Rob_IMX

Some of the best recolouring I've seen! Colouring objects I find is simple enough but skin tones are really hard to get right. I find they always look somewhat off but this is phenomenal! Love it!

Inkz

Guru
Some of the best recolouring I've seen! Colouring objects I find is simple enough but skin tones are really hard to get right. I find they always look somewhat off but this is phenomenal! Love it!

Thanks a lot Rob....

Yeah I think it turned out quite nice.

Fatboy73

Guru

That's because a lot of people only use one color for skin and call it good, which comes out looking plastic. People don't think about the redish hues that show through where the skin is thin and the blood shows, and they usually don't think about how light reacts with translucent skin either.

vizzwebsolutions

Very well done. Classic look. i love the new color look alot and i will like to do some retouch work on the same image . Will share if i get some good results. :) Good job.

vizzwebsolutions

retouch.jpg

Ahmm there are many flaws. But due to the limited time i left them to UN-removed. But i also want feedback. I do know to use basic tools. I am not aware of professional soft and natural look, that how to maintain that. My all images always become so bright dont know how to handle this :(

chitkaran

Guru
This is brilliant stuff Inkz. It turned out really nice.

I wish this lady could see herself today and would definitely fall in love with the designer. :cheesygrin:

valravn

and here comes my new wallpaper! this so amazing audrey hepburn style :hitit: