What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Work in Progress] Toxic Logo

TravisHD

A was requested to create a logo for a gaming team called "ToXic" and they wanted the "X" to have focus. What is your feedback so I can make this better?

toxic2.jpg

toxicdrip.jpg

toxicwithflare.jpg

Thank you.

ricardoga

I really like the paint dripping I feel it really gives the feeling of the word toxic ..maybe try a combination of green I like too see if that would work

3headcat

very cool. simple and minimalistic as logo should be. ( except the last one that's not a logo anymore ;) but first 3- very nice

thing you can try - try to make it consistent - weight of lines differs. letter T and O are much bigger on the top then the rest of them, try to make this right.

also consider moving letter I a little to the right, its a little of the grid if you compere it to the the right side of letter O ( this may have impact on the negative space triangles but if that the case you can work it out)

the sharp point of the top right corner letter X could start a little later so it will match the border of letter C

except that? great job

[h=3]http://drawsketch.about.com/od/drawingglossary/g/lineweight.htm[/h]

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Combine 2 and 3 and you will have it! Shaded gray dripping with a black background.

TravisHD

I really like the paint dripping I feel it really gives the feeling of the word toxic ..maybe try a combination of green I like too see if that would work

I tried some green here and there but it kept on "taking away" from the nice black, inky kind of toxic drips. I'll def. keep messing around with and find a good way to incorporate a toxic green color into it.

TravisHD

very cool. simple and minimalistic as logo should be. ( except the last one that's not a logo anymore ;) but first 3- very nice

thing you can try - try to make it consistent - weight of lines differs. letter T and O are much bigger on the top then the rest of them, try to make this right.

also consider moving letter I a little to the right, its a little of the grid if you compere it to the the right side of letter O ( this may have impact on the negative space triangles but if that the case you can work it out)

the sharp point of the top right corner letter X could start a little later so it will match the border of letter C

except that? great job

toxiclogo.jpg
Thanks for the amazing feedback. Totally didn't notice some of those small things at first and when developing it, but they make a huge difference in the end. Damn guides must not have been set up correctly lol... here is an updated version.

Dreamers

Guru
Nice work :)

I like the 4th pic most (toxicwithflare) only lessen the smoke effect a very tiny bit and colour the drips like blood red and put some blood on the "X" edges like if it where sharp blades crossing.
Infact, talking about blades. If you could make the "x" with 2 shining swords crossing and forming the X, that would look awsome me thinks ^^....and dipped with the red blood on the lower edge...
(not realy like compleet swords with the handles, just the blade forming the shining X)

For the last logo you posted, I would't do those drips on the top corner, because that would take away the focus and the focus was to be on the X

Just my thoughts....
Nice thing where you can go crazy lol just don't make it too bloody, a little bevel and embos, shading oooooh

Last edited:

TravisHD

Thanks for all of your great feedback!! I will try to implement bits and pieces from each of you in the final design push tonight.

I just got a little more direction from the client and he def. wants some green accent in it or make the whole thing kind of a toxic green. I'll be finishing up this project tonight and post the results soon.

TravisHD

So after a little bit of changing around, he def. wanted it to be a dark feel and such so this is the basic layout for this streaming and youtube channel. The logo is pretty much the one posted above and can be edited to any color or variation.

toxicbg.JPG