What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D book cover action

Rob_IMX

Made a series of book cover actions in Photoshop... however I started in 3Ds Max. What I did was model a 3D book inside MAX, I positioned the poses I wanted and then exported to a hi res PNG. Brought that into Photoshop and began creating the actions.

The great thing about starting in MAX is that I now have 3D models of books, DVDs, Blu-Rays, CD cases, etc.. and can easily render any pose, any angle I want to do my design.

here's a typical book pose using my 3D model, you can download the free Photoshop action script here:
http://10minutephotoshop.com/3d-ebook-cover-action/

book-cover.png

rufinatti

Power User
That's pretty nifty. Thanks for sharing. I believe I shall have to look at some of the tutorials on your website.

MattMiller

Looks rather decent, maybe a little shadow would complete the bit of work but as for the modelling it is very nice looks real.