What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please critique our new logo

Pieter Goris

So you might have heard in another topic or you didn't. But we sold the name weare.moop to another company already working under the name moop. So we can't use that name or logo anymore since we received cash for it.
Instead we want to use focus. Since we focus over the problem of our potential clients and for 10 other reasons.

Anyway, we came up with the folowing as a logo. We would like you guys to critique it. We haven't changed much besides the name and the O is replaced with an aperture.

Please any comment is welcome. Just keep it respectful. :cheesygrin:
Suggestions for other fonts are welcome too! Currently we used Myriad Pro.

Thanks a lot in advance guys.

Attachments

• WeAreFocus.jpg
    WeAreFocus.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 2

Inkz

Guru
The "weare" will always bug me when it's displayed like that...

I don't know, maybe have it like "we.are focus". It looks like one word.

Pieter Goris

Thanks for your honesty.
Good thinking. Thanks I'll try it out and post the result later. Would you take some other font too?

Pieter Goris

Much nicer with a dot in between? I always had a space but some people found that I had to leave it out so. I'm not sure what to do. I like the dot though.

Attachments

• Focuslogo2.jpg
    Focuslogo2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 2

Paul

Former Member
Nice work guys but the idea is to give/show ideas NOT to do it for them.
This is why when i do any of this type of request i always do low res or watermark.

Pieter Goris

Nice work guys but the idea is to give/show ideas NOT to do it for them.
This is why when i do any of this type of request i always do low res or watermark.

Why would I want to watermark my own work since I am the topicstarter :s

Inkz

Guru
Paul's right....

As we are dealing with logo concepts, anyone lurking in the shadows of PSG could rip your ideas/concepts for there own use.

Paul

Former Member
I am in no way saying don't do this type of work far from it, more is better (for everyone), but i think it does need to be watermarked of made in such a low quality way that it couldn't be ripped.
The OP asked for ideas and so far a few have given excellent ideas back.
Anyone?

Pieter Goris

Ah owkey in that way.
I'll remember next time I put something online. Problem is, that this is online on dribbble to so in a couple of hours it will be all over Google. So if somebody wants to steal it, it's gonna happen anyway. But thanks for the advise I'll remember it next time I'll post something big.

ibclare

Queen Bee
And as for the topic Paul brought up. I just can't agree. When you are putting up free work/ideas/advice, or when the OP is putting up his own designs, I see no need for watermarking or low res imgs. Whatever. Pieter is doing this himself and we have seen in his we are moop work. Inkz put out an idea and I say if Pieter wants to do something like that, cool. I think he knows his way around Photoshop enough that he won't be having Inkz do it for him. But yeah Inkz, if I liked the rainbow aperture (and didn't think I needed practice), I lift yours. You did a great job of it!

Carry on! :rofl:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I looked that up and indeed it is the same aperture. On the other hand, it is a rather universal image and I doubt very much that Pieter "stole" it. Not that I'm a mind reader. I think it's good you brought that to this attention though. He is using it in a different enough manner that I don't think it's a problem. I imagine if one looked around or did on a tin eye search on the aperture image itself, there would be many results.

Samohtvii

Was a bit harsh saying he stole it but it is a well known logo related to portal and to me (and this is just me critiquing) but it is not his idea. imo

Rob_IMX

the original we.are focus is very nice.. that's all you need as a starter. You can always embellish, make 3D, add textures, etc... etc.. depending on the medium you'll be advertising with, but it's important to start with a nice simple clean logo

Pieter Goris

I didn't even know what portal was before you brought this up in this topic. But like clair says. It's a universal logo and since we use it in a different layout I don't see the problem. I get your point but reinventing hot water is not possible I'm afraid. We came up with the name focus and it almost felt like a necessity to use the aperture in the logo. Don't think portal was the first to use it either so...