What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Retouching First Try..Feedback Please :)

Paul

Former Member
I agree with Inkz that is very very good for first attempt, really nice colouring and blending.

Hytham

Thank you both...I'm proud of your comments :)

But I feel that the left side of the child's face near the eyebrow is bad...actually It was complicated..this white areas need to be saturated or something ?...

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Good job. Burn tool will fix that area over the eye.
Thank you both...I'm proud of your comments :)

But I feel that the left side of the child's face near the eyebrow is bad...actually It was complicated..this white areas need to be saturated or something ?...

dv8

Im amazed for a first try, this is right up there. Really good job.

Hockey

I don't think I will ever get this good, I'm so sloppy with everything I do like I'm in a rush. And it's your first try? Damn.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
As I said before..nice job. However, I am bothered by the fact that you have removed the freckles, which are part of this young man's charm. IMHO a restoration should not alter the subject by removing something that is not just a temporary blemish. Had these been blemishes from a skin condition etc I could see it. Otherwise I would have left them alone and improved it otherwise.Here is my take on this. You need to look at your skin tone. It has wayyy too much magenta in relation to the yellow and is lacking cyan. 01 fix.jpg

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I don't think I will ever get this good, I'm so sloppy with everything I do like I'm in a rush. And it's your first try? Damn.

Can I give you a hint dear? You're not playing hockey, so slow down and make an effort to not be so sloppy! :rofl:

You asked in another post how you could learn Photoshop better. I think you had a lot of replies. My advice is learn those basics and you'll be amazed at how your so-called sloppiness disappears. Stick around. You'll get lots of good advice, tips and tricks, and learning tutorials here on the forum. But get yourself an organized class. As I've said before, there are relatively inexpensive sites you can sing up on and use for a month or two with access to more looooooong classes than you could ever need. My favorite is lynda.com for $25 per month. Good luck to you and come back and share when you like.

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Technically, you did a nice job as a retouching exercise. However, for a real job, I'm *completely* with ALB on the subject of freckles.

Zits are not permanent, so I remove them without even bothering to ask the subject - I've never had a complaint, and usually get a hearty "thank you". Same for dirt splatters. Rosacea is usually more long term, so I usually reduce its prominence but don't completely remove it.

OTOH, freckles are there to stay. I will usually slightly reduce their prominence, but I never completely remove them unless I've got an explicit request from the client. However, what usually happens is that the client sees what no freckles looks like, is horrified, says that it doesn't look anything like them, and asks instead for re-do with only a modest reduction in their strength.

Just my $0.02,

Tom M

PS - BTW, the only technical change I would recommend would be to brighten things up by 0.3 - 0.5 stop.

Last edited: