What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travis' Logofolio

inkpad.t

Guru
I like these... the best part is they will work in black and white, Except the first fish one might not...However sometimes you don't need them to work in black and white... but overall i really like them...

Clean , stylish and simple, makes great logo's... Good work.

TravisHD

I like these... the best part is they will work in black and white, Except the first fish one might not...However sometimes you don't need them to work in black and white... but overall i really like them...

Clean , stylish and simple, makes great logo's... Good work.

Thank you inkpad.t! I actually did start all of these in black and white and then decided at the very end which color background would look best. Thanks for your kind comments.

ibclare

Queen Bee
They're very good. Colorwise, I don't like the putty color for the fish logo. It doesn't seem to have any relationship with the idea of water creature and in this combination is dull and flat. It could be a more contrasty color like orange or a more placid color like gold.

Nice work!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Here is just an idea of what other colors might do for the contrast. Also, the BGs are way too large for the logos, but not to insult your intelligence, I imagine you know that!

orman.jpg orman.jpg

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
I like these designs Travis, very creative.....

Orman Fishing & Boating

My favourite logo. Really bold, love the colouring and the fish looks great. Also, I'm not a big fan of text with strokes but it really works well with the logo image. Reading through the comments, I have to agree with Clare. The bg colour doesn't do the logo justice. It works with the black and lighter shades, just not the blues.

Due Owl

Nice wordmark logo, simple but clever. Just one thing, the nose could have been better slightly further down. But still a very good piece.

Olia Water

Cool looking logo, though at first glance, I see a large "C" with a drip lol. Not sure what the connection is to the name.

Bomb Studio

Another cool looking logo. Simple and memorable.

Thanks for sharing these with us. I hope to see more.

TravisHD

Thanks for all the comments! I didn't realize until you guys pointed out that the brown for the fishing logo really doesn't work well. Here is the updated version and wow.. what a difference!

ormanfishing1.jpg

@ ibclare: I actually make the backgrounds for my logos big on purpose. This so that the logo itself is guaranteed to get the effect I want with the background color without being obstructed by any surroundings colors or elements. I eventually plan on putting a lot of my logos into a printed,, 12"x12" booklet once I hit about 75-100 of them (I'm up to about 20 so far).