What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting Photo to Pencil like drawing

super jepa.jpg Very easy thing to do,think this is my first time doing something in photoshop that went well x).
Anyone can recommend some newbie thing to tryout?
P.S.
When i go refine image and use brush to tell photoshop to fix edges it ruins my image afterwords,also i can't get my layer to get anycolor , i tried ctrl+space like some guy in tutorial said but nothing :/
god!.png

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
The image is an RGB mode but there is no color other than black-and-white. if you want that to be in color you will need to paint it. Unless you have the original image that was taken in color?

Original photo is in black and white..i am not sure what RGB but from the context i can tell it is for color or something^^?can u tell me how to fix that or something ^^?

iDad

Guru
Sorry, but fix what ? you'll have to paint it with your paintbrushes if that's what you looking for.

i don't get what you mean at all...what should i paint??i wanted to refine edge with brush that u get when u go there y'know so i dont get what should i paint.

iDad

Guru
Let me see if I understand, what you're trying to do is select that girl and have a clean edge for your selection, to me it looks like you selected the girl but have feathered the selection it's only a guessing game on my part

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like the pencil effect you came up with.

The image you're seeing is the result of using refine edge with too large a smart radius. I responded to your PM today Milos, but I hadn't seen this post.

iDad is right. There is no way to put the color back into a greyscale image without painting it in. However, you need to go to the menu up top: image>mode>choose rgb. It is probably set to greyscale mode right now. Just click on rgb (red-green-blue for the color channels) and you will now be able to use the colors you want.

What tutorial are you using?