What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first attempt at photoshop digital art

I like the suns 'wobbly' edge gives it realism, even though you can see it is a drawing.
The colours help give it that feel of warmth also, very nice.
One thing i have noticed the outer edges of the sun have an erased area around it, did you just erase to clean that up?

Hi. Thanks a lot:). Actually I added the wobbly bit much later in the picture. So I just added a layer above the sun and used the same orange colour as the background to erase the suns edges. That left that erased look which I didn't even notice:)

You could always reopen your image and soften that hard edge just to blend it better (if you wanted to that is).

I always enjoy handmade work in Photoshop. Nicely done. Another idea for the sun would be to select it, feather it and see how it looks with masking. Use a large, soft brush if you want more softening and less scalloping. If it seems too small after all that, you could just transform it larger.

Back