What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mushroom Village

I have never been into all of this stuff, but seeing this and your other piece. And various other pieces by people, it's actually great. Keep it up. Wish I had the time to learn.

Thank you RevampedGaming. It takes a LOT of time to learn and fortunately I have the time to improve every day. Just keep practicing!

Hi there Danny... still learning my self but did notice a couple of things..

If its knight the sky is to light.. the lamps would also cast light on the underneath of the top part of the mushrooms and on the house walls and the grass.. the mushrooms would also cast a shadow below and the shadow would be lighter where the lamp shines.

It appears there is 2 x light sources. one i take is from the moon. the very top of the mushrooms would have a slight light fading down towards the bottom on the dome shape top half.

As i said about the lamps.. they would reflect the light up to the underneath ot the top part that overhangs and then down from the underneath of the top part of the mushroom towards the grass.

Still like it though.. good work... only my 2 pence worth..

Thank you for the input inkpad.t. it's actually more of an evening shot. What I love about this piece is it's abstract and in a fantasy world so anything goes. The light source is more of a faint sun, not the moon (even though there's a big star field in the sky). I see what you're saying about the shadows and extra lighting though. Thanks again for the input!

Back