What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abovel

Hello everybody :)

I introduce you to my snake woman :)

SnakeLady.jpg

What do you think?

Have a great day :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Overall not a bad image.

Were you trying to make the woman have snake like skin?

inkpad.t

Guru
The snake skin on the woman needs to be more visible/predominant , use levels/curves or duplicate the layer and make it stand out more.

One thing you could do is use the image of the woman alone and make a displacement map of her , then wrap the skin around her features. Then add the snakes.

I know i keep mentioning displacement maps on threads, but i find it such a good way to blend/overlay one image over an another on an image such as people and faces as they have so may contours and levels of contrast, its such a good way to blend.

The snake skin on the woman needs to be more visible/predominant , use levels/curves or duplicate the layer and make it stand out more.

One thing you could do is use the image of the woman alone and make a displacement map of her , then wrap the skin around her features. Then add the snakes.

I know i keep mentioning displacement maps on threads, but i find it such a good way to blend/overlay one image over an another on an image such as people and faces as they have so may contours and levels of contrast, its such a good way to blend.

I agree

agent. Displacement maps can sometimes be a little finicky, but the results they produce can be AMAZING!!!

inkpad.t

Guru
Finicky to say the least... I've been playing with displacement maps on various types of images to see the results... it seems to boil down to how much detail the image has and how the map wraps around the image... and what the image is..ie-- a persons face , an object , a land scape etc.. One thing I do is to de saturate the image then use levels to brighten and darken it without loosing to much detail. Once i have what i am looking for then i use gausen blur so that the map dos not create very sharp edges when applying it and gives the subject a better coverage, even after using a map i would in some cases use the warp tool after it to bend around a nose of person or rounded shape object to get the final result.

I'm getting more and more use to Photoshop's built in tools and how to use them, and practising helps to keep down looking for a quick fix by using resources I no longer need as I get more use to the tools and how they work.

I mention in another thread how powerful the brushes built in to Photoshop really are, i do not need to down load them as much as i used to, People should take the time if they have it to get to know the power of the built in tools and how you can use them.

Just the other day i wanted to warp part of an image where the shadows did not fit just at the right angle on the floor. so made a selection of the floor and half the image and found out i could actually warp this area once it was selected. Thats probably old news to some but for me it was like finding gold for what i wanted to do.

Any way just keep shopping and practising.