What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Nametag

ibclare

Queen Bee
I really like the gif movement; it makes it far more interesting. I think maybe the adam should be brighter and lighter to make it stand out better. Composition wise it is good.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, adam, I almost forgot about this thread! Sorry!

I also like the clipped slider. It's fine the way it is but I might change the speed at which it crosses, it's a bit slow for me. I would also place a generous pause in it as well.

The image itself has some minor issues. It's supposed to appear as though your name is pressed or inlaid into the stone. The stone has a nice gradient that would also affect the highlighted edges of the depressed letters and the inlaid stone as well, yours are way to bright.

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 8.55.32 PM.png

A bit more like this. Mine may be a bit to dark, it's just for demo...

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 9.08.38 PM.png

Last edited:

aadaaam

Hey, adam, I almost forgot about this thread! Sorry!

I also like the clipped slider. It's fine the way it is but I might change the speed at which it crosses, it's a bit slow for me. I would also place a generous pause in it as well.

The image itself has some minor issues. It's supposed to appear as though your name is pressed or inlaid into the stone. The stone has a nice gradient that would also affect the highlighted edges of the depressed letters and the inlaid stone as well, yours are way to bright.

View attachment 46489

A bit more like this. Mine may be a bit to dark, it's just for demo...

View attachment 46490

thanks, I'll have a play around with the gradient :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Better, but the highlights I pointed out with the yellow arrows in post #3 are still there.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Are you referring to the bevel edge Sam?

I am not sure how literal this needs to be. It looks fine to my sense of things. I suppose if you beveled each letter separately and made the bevel highlights grey brightening as they go to the right . . . is that what you have in mind? Or does it just need an overlaid gradient to clip from above and low key the edges? HOw did you do it?

Is that enough questions in one post, lol?<< that too.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No, the highlights on the bevel. Your right Clare, it's an easy fix, I just add a foreground to transparent gradient on a blank layer placed at the very top of the stack. You can adjust the opacity to suit. I guess I should have stated that in my earlier post. Sorry.

Paul

Former Member
You know what would kill this visually, if the planet behind the logo was spinning also:cool2:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Planet............I thought it was a stone wall with some dramatic lighting and shadows. Could be a planet now that I look at it. The name graphic would have to be changed a little, but that's a great idea Pauly.

Paul

Former Member
Just for the elderly, it would look really nice if the planet object in the background was to be made to rotate:rofl:

aadaaam

Haha good ideas guys, it was meant to be a stone wall :p, iamsam, I seem to be having trouble removing the highlights, what am I meant to do? :)