What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Group Design

mtzvip

I designed this for a music group I'm in. This is the rough draft will post final soon.

Attachments

• EI LogoRevise0.png
    EI LogoRevise0.png
    655.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hello!

Is that for a poster for a gig? It's kinda confusing I think ^^ What kind of music your group does?
I'm myself in a hard-rock/metal group, and we have a yet simple but stylized logo, we find that simplicity in a band "showoff" is the best way to roll

Cheers!

Thank you for the feedback we're music producer's. We make beats and rap.

Ok, so the name of our production group is Earth Invaders. So I have a picture of the earth with ufo's invading. Space Era is the label I represent.

Hey mtzvip, I think the BG is in too much competition with the Earth. Maybe just a simple space scape with a little less color. Both of the texts could be spruced up a bit. I would also vary the size of the UFO's in order to give them some depth. The ship on the right side needs to be reversed to match the light source of the Earth.

I may have an idea if it's that what you research, like an image like this:
http://afeatheradrift.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/aliens.jpg

An UFO flying just above the ground, maybe above a field where Earth Invaders is written into the grass or even the corn.

It's just an idea reflecting my personal tastes, but i think it could be nice.

Ok So i uploaded the version with the fixes does it look better now? and i appreciate all the feedback as well.

OK you Appreciate feedback so lets be honest and harsh in hope you can turn this around. I do not want to be insulting but I think it is best to to be truthful when people are asking for feedback and it will make you better in the long run.

Ok Space Era that is a good name and has a lot of potential however your image is ony really portraying 70's/80's Era it is 20+ years outdated as far as styling and design layout is concerned. I know sometimes people go for a certain look but I really dont think this works that way.

Images used way to strong you may be able to pull it around if you fade the images down considerably and yes fade it down so it makes a subtle background as it is to over powering.

You are calling this a logo?? a Logo should be simple so it can be used anywhere not a whole image, Maybe something like this could work if it is a cd cover or a poster but purely as a logo it is to much going on.

Well hopefully I have not stepped in and insulted you but here is just an example where you still keep the retro appearance and space theme just not as busy.

Logo Idea:
spacelogo.png

your image reworked:
EI Logo0 (1).png

I appreciate your honesty and feedback as well, I meant to put graphic design, I definitely like what you did in the touch ups. If you don't mind im going to try to incorporate your ideas with my design. I also like your fonts as well, I wanted my design to be bright and colorful but I see how that can be distracting. I also like how you kept the spaceships solid and faded the rest. I also notice that your text placement and opacity levels disperses a lot of the over cluttered layers. I will post a newer version with all advice added. Thanks again.

My Music Production Graphic I designed, !!!REVISED!!!

So I did the design over with all suggestion from my last post.

Attachments

• EI LogoRevise0.png
    EI LogoRevise0.png
    754.9 KB · Views: 2
What is more important to you? Earth Invaders or Space Era? The reason I ask is that with my understanding of what you are sying, I would make Earth Invaders large, and put Space Era in a much smaller text to represent the label, not the title of the band.

I like Hoogle's idea of the space background looking more like a watermark as it is overwhelming to the text when it is the opacity you are showing now.

I like the font and the jiggle in it for the Invaders title.

Keep it simple is the key.

Transparent background, not so busy, plain & simple.

If you want to involve either the earth, or UFO's, maybe just go for one of them without a background?

Example:

EarthInvadersLogo.jpg
You could always wrap some headphone around the earth to give it a more "Music Production" look.

Is the design for a poster or a business card or just some random idea that you are toying with?

Just added the newer version, I might put the Earth Invaders Text Slanted Diagonally On top of the earth

Paul Thats crazy sick bro!!!! I like it a lot, But how about my changes I made good ro bad? Its the main image.

Back