What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would love some feedback :)

OMGiBrokeMyTablet

Hello sirs,

Here is something i've been working on today. I was thinking of nothing while i was doing it, every piece came out one after the other without any premeditation.I would love to know what do you think of it, and how i can improve ;)

Thanks a lot for your critics :)

Attachments

• Final.jpg
    Final.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
for some reason i quite like this... not sure why but i do..

To me it represents some kind of surreal transition, top level is the night time area, transition down in to the day sky transitioning down in to the ocean, and mankind in the sea where we came from, I could go a lot further with what i see in here... but they would lock me up again.

again for me like your other post of the turtle in the sea its color balancing at the top of the image that looks a bit off...but again its only a personal preference thing for me... everyone else will see something different...

My Personal taste would have been to have the umbrella suspended ( hooked over ) over a half moon in the night sky ... the sky would be slightly less clutter with the star field and more dreamy which gives more of a balance effect on the ocean part at the bottom... in other words making the top section and the bottom section relate to each other in the overall composition..

i think what you put together is great image... but for me and me only this would be the start of the composition... i now have the main components of a really good surreal composition... so how can i take it further ? but not forgetting how can i make it all blend together.

I did some thing similar by just putting some random images together to see what i could come up with and how i could blend them together... i cam with an image of seal being lazy and having a nap on a sofa, but as seals come from the sea i made the room i put the seal in was also part of the beach ware the waves came in, the other images i used when putting it together was a tunnel/drain pipe through a wall, so i made this the area the seal had constant water supply from, but again it took quite a while doing color changes and balancing, saturation levels, curves adjustments and many more to get it all to blend .

Having said all that at the end of the day... if your happy with it yourself... then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks ...

AND I STILL LIKE IT.

maybe have some water over spill from the brolly, just a bit. oh and maybe some small splashes on the oceans top where the water would be hitting it... after all its raining under water, why not on top to show it?

for some reason i quite like this... not sure why but i do..

To me it represents some kind of surreal transition, top level is the night time area, transition down in to the day sky transitioning down in to the ocean, and mankind in the sea where we came from, I could go a lot further with what i see in here... but they would lock me up again.

again for me like your other post of the turtle in the sea its color balancing at the top of the image that looks a bit off...but again its only a personal preference thing for me... everyone else will see something different...

My Personal taste would have been to have the umbrella suspended ( hooked over ) over a half moon in the night sky ... the sky would be slightly less clutter with the star field and more dreamy which gives more of a balance effect on the ocean part at the bottom... in other words making the top section and the bottom section relate to each other in the overall composition..

i think what you put together is great image... but for me and me only this would be the start of the composition... i now have the main components of a really good surreal composition... so how can i take it further ? but not forgetting how can i make it all blend together.

I did some thing similar by just putting some random images together to see what i could come up with and how i could blend them together... i cam with an image of seal being lazy and having a nap on a sofa, but as seals come from the sea i made the room i put the seal in was also part of the beach ware the waves came in, the other images i used when putting it together was a tunnel/drain pipe through a wall, so i made this the area the seal had constant water supply from, but again it took quite a while doing color changes and balancing, saturation levels, curves adjustments and many more to get it all to blend .

Having said all that at the end of the day... if your happy with it yourself... then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks ...

AND I STILL LIKE IT.

maybe have some water over spill from the brolly, just a bit. oh and maybe some small splashes on the oceans top where the water would be hitting it... after all its raining under water, why not on top to show it?

Thanks a lot for your feedback Inkpad.t :)

This is just the raw beginning, in intend to take in further tonight or tomorrow, but as always i heavily struggle with the color balancing.
Your idea of the water spilling is very nice, i'll add some.

Also, what you said with the "dreamy sky" seems very appealing, i'll try to do a japanese-style sky. That will allow the globality of the image to seem cleaner.

& btw, i'm not the author of the turtle post :) I use photoshop since 2 weeks approximatively.
Thanks again

This is an exceptionally exciting composition Francesco.

I just wish the bottom half of the image (blue parts) would be darker and the night sky a little bit less busy (stardust). This would be advantageous for the image balance. Love the surreal impression of the image.

This is an exceptionally exciting composition Francesco.

I just wish the bottom half of the image (blue parts) would be darker and the night sky a little bit less busy (stardust). This would be advantageous for the image balance. Love the surreal impression of the image.

Thank you Chris! I really appreciate it.
I'm in this moment making some modifications on the image. I changed the busy sky with something more "dreamy" like inkpad suggested, and making the umbrella overflow with water, dropping a little amount of water.

Here is the updated version guys (in the first post).

Thanks again for your comments on the first one, now lets see what we can make better in the second one :D

I'm splitted between keeping the droplets or not ^^

Last edited:
I like the second, simplified version much better. When I looked at the first, it seemed like two unconnected images. Now it is more cohesive and I can see the relationship better. Very nice.

Good morning,

Here is finally the final version!
But i'm not sure about the drops. What do you say? With or without?

Thanks a lot for your time & your comments, they were greatly appreciated.

Without the drops or the spillage over the upside down umbrella. I really like the image. The middle section lacks depth, I would add a surface to sea water with a perspective matching that of the umbrella and the sea floor where the young woman is standing.

You can certainly leave this next part well enough alone because it's fine the way it is! But, the rainfall would be obscured/interrupted around the young woman's umbrella in a circular pattern. At the very least you could place some ground splatter behind her.

Without the drops or the spillage over the upside down umbrella. I really like the image. The middle section lacks depth, I would add a surface to sea water with a perspective matching that of the umbrella and the sea floor where the young woman is standing.

You can certainly leave this next part well enough alone because it's fine the way it is! But, the rainfall would be obscured/interrupted around the young woman's umbrella in a circular pattern. At the very least you could place some ground splatter behind her.

Thanks Sam!

You are totally right about the rainfall, i'll correct it later. And what do you mean "in a circular pattern" ? ^^ I'll check some other designs on the internet to see

OK, I'll try to explain better. The area below the umbrella would block the falling rain, therefore the ground area below the umbrella would be dry/dryer in a circle (ellipse).

Something different: If you were viewing a real person standing in the rain with an umbrella, the rain would still be falling behind that person as well as between you and that person, essentially all around that person. The only area lacking in rainfall would be the cylindrical column below the umbrella. Having stated this, for your image I would only place the ground splatter behind her and no rain fall in front of her (or between the subject and the viewer). Does any of that make sense! Lol!

Is the one image in your first post now the last image?

Based on that, I think the spillage might be a problem, unless it is made to go over the entire rim and be much more subtle. I see a couple problems in the way it looks at the moment. I have circled these in red.

umbrella.jpg

Back