What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wall Lights Style (Still Tweaking)

SPWA

Power User
I did a Wall Light PS Style (3 Layers) today. Still messing with it, as I'm not completely happy with how it hangs on the wall. I even played with putting neon tubes in it but that didn't work. So, this is how it looks at the moment.

Wall-Lights.png

Very nice effect!

One thing that stands out for me is that the glow on the wall from the text doesn't follow the shape of the text, its just one big splash of glow......could that be throwing it out?

You could use an 'Outer Glow' fx on the text to create a 'glow' mask and use that mask on the glow you already have.

Apart from that its a great looking effect.
Nice one!

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:
I agree. An outer glow would also cast more of the light from the neon to the wall, which I think presently does not reflect enough.

Thx guys. I will see what I can do with the outer glow, as that is a good idea. The current BG is just a stock wall, & the shading/lighting was already there, so maybe I would benefit from making a better one. I tend to shy away from using stock as a rule, but for w.i.p. purposes this was ideal.

Ok, seeing as the BG isn't the focus, I used a less busier one, and added a Glow to the lettering. I also shaded around the glow. I'm pleased with how it looks, so big thx for the hint. :)

Wall-Lights.png

I like that. Now if you wanted to put a textured background of your own for instance, like a brick wall, it would work the same as the plain background given teh glow.

Back