What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea and it's depths

lavkrstitelj

Lately I've been seeing lot's of underwater photomanipulations, had to do one myself. Stocks are in post below.

x8oEO9_R.png

*update

-HfafJJ.png

See you around,
lavkrstitelj

mAysBSoL.png

Last edited:
Hey Mateo, are you open for critiques on this image?

This is a very good effort. I tend to look at an image and note what jumps out at me as being a little off. In this image, it's the transition between the surface view and the underwater view. You used a wave (at an angle) and when I view the image this is what I see.....

Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 10.11.33 AM.png

A beach scene with a the underwater shark view layered and masked over the sandy beach. For me, it's the transition that need to be changed to look more like an above and below view of a waterline as though it were behind glass. Also the horizon line is a bit too hard, it needs to be softened.

This is a very good effort. I tend to look at an image and note what jumps out at me as being a little off. In this image, it's the transition between the surface view and the underwater view. You used a wave (at an angle) and when I view the image this is what I see.....

View attachment 47874

A beach scene with a the underwater shark view layered and masked over the sandy beach. For me, it's the transition that need to be changed to look more like an above and below view of a waterline as though it were behind glass. Also the horizon line is a bit too hard, it needs to be softened.

Ye, moments after you said that I've couldnt see it otherways than that so I had to atleast try changing it.
-HfafJJ.png

I agree, looks much better now! Great job!

nice job.. i like it also... but... i might be wrong here... the new sky seems to have the light direction from the left side as that's where it is brightest, yet the light beams under the water seem to be tilted to right as the light source were coming to the right of the boat and at the top right.

Still a nice image though.

Back