What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Helmet

SPWA

Power User
Being a big American Football fan, and with the new season starting next month, I decided I'd have a go at making a Helmet, using purely Ai Vectors & Ps FX.

This is what I have so far, and I can easily change the colors of the Bar, and Helmet, and the Logo is a Smart Object. That is where I'm having a slight issue. Whether it's because I chose this particular logo to experiment with or I'm just not Warping it correctly, but it doesn't seem to hug the helmet at the tip.

Any Suggestions? :)
Football-Helmet-01.png

MrToM

Guru
Id say its lacks shading.

The eye is fooled into thinking the helmets' edge is further away because it gets darker, but the logo is a constant shade giving the impression it's completely flat and all at the same distance away from the viewer....giving that 'floaty' look.

This is exacerbated by the fact the logo overlays that part of the helmet which is shaded.

It may not be enough to just add some shading to the logo to match that of the helmet but it would certainly help remove that 'distance' between the two.

Maybe the very bear minimum of shadow on the logo may help too, just to give it depth and make it look 'stuck on'....I dunno if these logos really are just stuck on or painted but either way it would have some sort of thickness to it, be it the very tiniest of the smallest hint of one.

Regards.
MrTom.

Done quickly but hopefully this explains it better...

Football-Helmet-01.png

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Silly game, real men don't need all that stupid gear:mrgreen: