What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for feedback: comments, questions, encouragment, insults, etc.

slothrop

Here’s a link to a site where I have posted somewhere between 100-200 digital collages I’ve made on photoshop over the last two years:

I was originally going to post a massive thread on their technique and process and influences, hoping that that would invite specific feedback and maybe even give some other people ideas about editing in PS, but now I’ve decided against it. Maybe I’ll do it sometime down the road.

Instead I am just curious of people’s first impressions, comments, criticisms, suggestions, feedback, insults, etc.

I still have a hard time explaining what they are-- they're inspired by literature, movies, cheesy photoshops, ytmnds, critical theory, and some particular visual artists (Pettibon, Darger, Hopper, etc.)

Although I've gotten feedback from a lot of people--including professional artists--, I'm curious what the photoshop community on here, who know the craft, think about them. I’m curious about what you guys think about their technical aspects.

I’ve avoided using brushes and filters because I think they often give off a computer-generated look-- one that you see almost everywhere. Instead, I’ve tried keep my images looking like old photographs and actual paper collages.

Also, I realize that some of the images fail or are too sloppy. Also, resolution quality is a reoccurring problem.

But anyways…. any comments or feedback or questions would be much appreciated. I’m at the point where I really enjoy the craft and would like to hear how people think I could improve technically--- or any comments anything at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Rob, I have removed your link from your post above.

We would rather you just post the images here at PSG that you would like to be reviewed. It would be best if you just posted one image at a time and after you receive adequate feedback on that one, then add another to this same thread. It's far to difficult to ask our membership to view and critique such a large collection and offer any reasonable feedback. Thanks.