What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need opinions on a logo

Liam Flannery

Hi everyone, I was asked by a friend to do a logo for him and this is the result of an evening of experimentation. I haven't shown him this yet so any feedback on whether its good or complete design heresy would be appreciated. Thanks -Liam.
jh proper.jpg
mockup.jpg

MrToM

Guru
Hi Liam,

I like it.

If it were up to me though I'd just 'simplify' it a bit.
Bold, clear fonts usually work best. They are easier to read quickly and look better at any size...something to consider with a logo.

Likewise with the graphics....the 'faceting' would be lost on a smaller version.

Many logo's keep colours down to just 1 or 2, it keeps printing costs down to minimum. If you intend to use this on printed material then I'd consider reducing the number of colours....gradients look nice but...

Of course if this is just for web use then fine, you can do more with it.

One other thing, do you really need the initials IN the logo AND the explanation underneath?
Kind of defeats the object of a logo don't you think?

Thats just my opinion....I still like it regardless.

Regards.
MrTom.