What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Request] Please offer your suggestions and criticism

Positronic

Spent some time patchworking a couple of tutorials I found to make this tonight. Supposed to be a movie poster for a proposed Back To The Future sequel. I don't think it captures the feel 100% like I wanted to. Any suggestions or criticisms that might help?Flux Overdrive Poster.png

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Welcome to the forum.

Your work has a TRON feel to it. The draw feature of the BTTF poster was its text. Maybe cut down on the 4 graphics like the lower Z and L Beam as well as square box and rays above and use the BTTF Style on FLUX Overdrive. Lower the opacity of the grid surrounding the Delorean. If you look at the 3 BTTF posters , there's that gradient sunburst .....

Just saying.....

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This may sound odd, but I commented on this thread yesterday. I don't know why it has not shown up.

Anyway..............here's the jest of my earlier comment. I try not to criticize...........I prefer critiquing.

The image is way too busy. Most of it's components are in a state of lowered opacity/transparency. Nothing really stands out except the text at the bottom. There's a bit too much modern grunge going on for the 80's style I think your going for......unless that was your intention.

What I really like about it are the fold marks and edge wear..........that's done very well and quite clever! Good job!

Positronic

This may sound odd, but I commented on this thread yesterday. I don't know why it has not shown up.

Anyway..............here's the jest of my earlier comment. I try not to criticize...........I prefer critiquing.

The image is way too busy. Most of it's components are in a state of lowered opacity/transparency. Nothing really stands out except the text at the bottom. There's a bit too much modern grunge going on for the 80's style I think your going for......unless that was your intention.

What I really like about it are the fold marks and edge wear..........that's done very well and quite clever! Good job!

Hah...consequently the tearing and creases were the least time consuming as it was just a couple of stock images of folded paper put straight onto the image with a layer mode of Screen and some Levels adjustments. I understand exactly what you're saying though and I agree. It almost looks 90's-ish to me in ways. I think I may try a completely new one with the advice from you two and see what I come up with from there instead of trying to turn this one into something else.

Last edited: