What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mixtape Cover - What do you think?

Luwop

I know it's not that good, but for a dude who's only been using Photoshop for exactly 3 days.. It's decent right?

YouTube hasn't been the best for tutorials, so hopefully I can learn a lot more with this site!

Here's my attempt at making a mixtape cover for Chief Keef's Back From The Dead 2 :p
WlsaJsp.jpg

Here's the official cover of the first mixtape
Chief_Keef_Back_From_The_Dead-front-large.jpg

And here's the cover for the second mixtape which I don't really like
Chief640KeefBackFromTheDead2.jpg

So yeah, mine isn't the greatest, but it's alright. I give it a 4/10 for a beginner hahaha
What do you think about it?

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Luwop! Welcome to the forum!

There are a few areas that I can see, mainly selections and blending, that could be cleaned up..........but overall, looks pretty good for a beginner!

Looking forward to helping out on your new projects.......that is if you share them lol!

I think the middle one is the best. Good color contrast. But the bright/dark areas on the photo of you(?) are distracting. If you can, I would make that photo brightness more consistent.

terrylee

I agree with Moeller above me - middle is best. The last one looks too generic "rap mixtape" for me.

Hi Luwop
My favorite is also the 2nd one. It looks nice for a beginner.
But....if you design Mixtape Covers you have to start with the exact size and resolution for the printing company.
I downloaded a template to show you.

The red outline is your cover size. Trimmed format.
The blue outline is the untrimmed size,very important for the printer. He needs more of your image all around, which is cut of after production.
The small image is your posted picture in a very small size of 1.668x1.668", resolution 300 ppi.
The enlarged image (reduced opacity) shows the size the printer would ask for. 4.75x4.75", resolution 300 ppi. Technically your image can not be upsized for a good print result.
Also very important is: Do not place text or important image details close to the borders. In your case, a lot of text would be cut of.

CDTemplate.jpg