What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple new logos....

I'm including no information regarding the related businesses on purpose.

Would just like to get your opinion on the visual with no other info.

Thanks,

Agent

Attachments

• logo_3_marked.jpg
    logo_3_marked.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 4
  • logo_pwg.jpg
    logo_pwg.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 5

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey agent, I'm not sure what your wanting here. I'm going to refrain from commenting on the logo design themselves.

The purpose of a logo is to provide a visual representation of the company brand by supporting the business name and the products and services they provide, it should be simple, unique, and leave an impression.

A logo is the mark by which a company is recognized in the industry and it communicates the purpose and values of a business to potential customers. It's often the first impression people have of a business, so it should reflect the business accurately and distinguish the business from it's competitors. It's very important as it conveys a very complex idea in a single image.

Again, not including the design aspects, I don't believe that either of these two logos give me any idea of what type of business they may represent. I'm not even going to take a guess.

iDad

Guru
I have to agree with Sam, Nice crisp lines, but I would think no shadows would be better.

Thanks. We all, from time to time, see art that has no frame of reference. We decide (either consciously, or not) if we find it aesthetically pleasing or not. That is my point.

iDad

Guru
Paul is an asStronaut lol(see avatar), but he's riiht the surprise factor lingers.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks. We all, from time to time, see art that has no frame of reference. We decide (either consciously, or not) if we find it aesthetically pleasing or not. That is my point.
Are we talking about art or logos? Seems to be some ambiguity here.

My comments where about the logo designs only. Logos need structure in order to function. Without a frame of reference then what's the point? Art without reference is more abstract, which is not good form for logos.

Perhaps it would help if you explained your point exactly. Thanks.

Hey agent, I'm not sure what your wanting here.
I'll be honest here. I put a very simple explanation at the top, and asked for opinions. If I say I excluded info on purpose, then don't ask why it's not there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
I would personally make the backgrounds of both less photorealistic, go for a more minimalistic approach on them, the shapes themselves are intriguing and they generally would work as logos, and while the colours go well together, the style and texturing makes the logos appear little less appealing.
see what it looks like with slightly plainer colours and background, post it up and we'll see if they look better.

the second one is definitely the more logo-esque one of the two.

the logo I do approve, however is your avatar's; the journeyman protector sigil... me gusta.

axxo

my suggestion would be - to go to 99designs.com and look at how people make logos- it will help you and inspire you

MrToM

Guru
Watermarks are there to protect the users property.
Perfectly reasonable thing to do.

LOL....I know, but the OP has been quite adamant that our 'Opinions' should be based purely 'on the visual' as no further info will be provided.

In an attempt to alienate myself from the 'Is it Art?, Is it a Logo?' debate my 'Opinion on the visual' is based purely on the one thing that wouldn't actually be in a final image.

I thought it was rather sneaky of me.

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
agentmoller said:
I'll be honest here. I put a very simple explanation at the top, and asked for opinions. If I say I excluded info on purpose, then don't ask why it's not there.

Whoa fella........you have more than misunderstood me here and jumped to the wrong conclusion. I'm not sure how you arrived at the conjecture that I was in any way asking you to reveal any further information from you on the related business by stating, 'Hey Agent, I'm not sure what your wanting here'. I'm not seeing any question in this statement.

I was referring to your comment of, '........your opinion on the visual........' meaning the actual design (the physical creation) or my opinion of what I thought of the visual representation of the logo.

So the insulting post by guru XXXXXXXX is left up long enough for me to ready, but as soon as I reply, everything gets censored. That's awesome, everyone.

Thanks.

Steve

Retired Administrator
So the insulting post by guru XXXXXXXX is left up long enough for me to ready, but as soon as I reply, everything gets censored. That's awesome, everyone.

Thanks.

It stayed up only until I saw it, I took it down immediately.
If you would have reported it I would have gotten an email and it would have come down sooner.

I removed your comments because I removed the post it referenced.

Hoogle

Guru
I believe in the right industry these could be strong logos I am assuming the top 1 is an F and a Z and if you knew the name of who/what the logo was then it would make sense more.
This is the category of extreme or Gaming Logos which seems to have all taken on this style or more 3D so yes I can imagine these fitting in very well for the right client. ANd they would be quite simple to make it a flat design which is the current in look.

Good job !!

However if this is a lawyers firm or accountancy then I guess it wouldn't work.

I am a strong believer in going in new directions and trying new things but remember people recognise your style so build on your own style and don't differentiate to far and make your style unrecognisable but it is good to forget your style and rules once in a while and go for something totally different.