What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Efects (Before & After)

Tom Mann

Guru
There are, of course, uses for such heavy handed skin smoothing, but to me, if I met a girl on the street that looked like the one on the right, I'd suspect a store manikin had come to life, LOL.

Such a look might be ok for some advertising, or if the client is a teen girl that still is experimenting with her appearance, but for conventional adult portrait photography, I feel quite sure that most adult clients would say that you went too far. Blend back in 50% or so of the original, especially, the skin, and I think it would look much better for such uses.

Just my $0.02,

Tom M

Paul

Former Member
Nice hair, and overall it as that film poster look i suppose so great effort and nice to see you doing other things.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice one - great work. That kind of work will get you a job cleaning up models at Chanel!

Hope to be able to do similar work one day.

Cheers

I think you have overlooked the effect. I don't think it was meant as a retouch. It's more of an animation type effect.